• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need blu ray ripper

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
Help, tried many demo programs and I am not happy with either the choppy rips or the fact that they rip one or the other. I need Blu Ray and DVD ripping.

No handbrake, I need simple.

makeMKV is what I use.
Trying it now
Post magically merged:

A little slow but really, I can live with slow.

I have used and have a licensed copy of freemake. It is great and pretty fast but limited.

Last edited:
I haven't used much else but as far as speed goes, I always have thought the limiting factor was the optical media, not the software. Discs can only be read so fast due to rotational speed limitations. Haven't used it in a while but iirc it's about 20min to rip a Blu-ray, which seems about right for how much data a disc can transfer

I haven't used much else but as far as speed goes, I always have thought the limiting factor was the optical media, not the software. Discs can only be read so fast due to rotational speed limitations. Haven't used it in a while but iirc it's about 20min to rip a Blu-ray, which seems about right for how much data a disc can transfer
I did a blu ray. wb and the quality is better than others I have tried. I will just convert the MKV to MP4.

NEXT TEST, DISNEY.

We got any luck ripping 4k ultra HD Blu-Ray on windows 11 OS?
I got no 4k stuff, I do not think I do.

Actually MKV can rip 4K (As long as we are talking the same thing...It does require proper firmware on right burner...Admittedly I have not upgraded to Win 11 yet.

I have to look at what burner I have...It was the correct one to use the custom firmware needed.

Info is in the MKV forums...quick search got me this.

Last edited:
Back