• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need firefox bookmark help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

west1

Not sure if this is posted in the correct section or not, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Just came home and found that all of my firefox bookmarks are gone. I am really starting to stress, as these are bookmarks that I have compiled over the last year or so and are either very important to me, or very important to my work. I have no idea how they all could have been deleted, but I do know that I let my girlfriends niece use the computer last night. So I guess she possibly could have erased them? If that is the case, Im wondering how one would even go about this, as I have never done it, did a google search, and turned up nothing.

Mine did this a few weeks ago, out of the blue my bookmarks were gone...vanished.

Go to your mozilla firefox folder, wherever you have it installed.

Then look in the defaults folder, then profile.

There should be bookmark html files in there, as these I believe are the backups for your bookmarks. Use the latest one in there and restore your bookmarks.

Hope this is what you was askin:)

It is a known 'crap' thing and the foundation did something about it. Myself I haven't seen the bug, but at least they built in a way to re-import the backups.

I have bookmarks from older then 2003. OP of you need step by step, let me know. easy fix is to search for all html files in user folders. Even hidden. bookmark*.* is a good search term. Hint is the bold(copy/paste)...

Thank you all so much, I found them, and was able to restore them all. Just made my weekend so much better.

Back