• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Finding A Very Quiet PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I am looking for a new PSU but 1's thats really quiet I know there's fanless one's but thats way out of my budget. My unbranded 500 watt is doing my head in it's loud and ugly as it's silver and my casing is black.

I was looking at a HIPER Type-R series 580w with the removable cables but I've no idea how quiet it is.

Any suggestions?

If you're happy with the performance of your current psu, why not just change the fan to a silent one? If you can continue to put up with the mismatched colors.

I would not suggest slowing the fan on a non-quality PSU.

Look at Seasonic's PSUs if you want quiet, or if you don't mind a little extra noise (while still being pretty quiet), look at the Enhance 400/500W.

mantralord said:

Look at Seasonic's PSUs if you want quiet, or if you don't mind a little extra noise (while still being pretty quiet), look at the Enhance 400/500W.

I never said slow it, I mean change it out for one of an equal CFM, but of a lower DB.

mantralord said:

... agreed

Get a Seasonic S12 series and you will be VERY happy, mine is VERY VERY quiet.

Get corsair 520w or 620w if you looking for one with removable wires. Seasonic s12 will have same noise as corsiar just wires won't be removable.

Buy.com has corsair 520w for $99 and there is 20 mail in rebate. If you use google check out for the first time you get extra $10 off.

Mathersalan said:
Try going for the Corsair HX 620/520 PSUs.. the one I have is so quite I barely hear it
I just bought the 620 the best i ever bought , i dont hear it at all

meionm said:
Get corsair 520w or 620w if you looking for one with removable wires. Seasonic s12 will have same noise as corsiar just wires won't be removable. .

You took the words out of my mouth. Just upgraded from a 500w S12 to a 620W Corsair. Both are quiet, but I just needed the extra power just in case I decided to go SLi with my 8800GTS. The only fans I hear are the 92mm case fan I run and the Intel retail heatsink when my computer is under 100% load.

Randyman... said:
My PC P&C 610Watt Silencer is running very queitly. I'd reccommend it...

:cool:

I second that. I can NOT hear it unless I disconnect every other fan in my rig.

LOL, that PC P&C Silencer it's a Seasonic inside. ;)
AngelfireUk83 Seasonic Energy Plus if you want the most silent fanned OSU (at least until 250W DC load) or Corsair HX.

Silverstone ST75F or Corsair HX620. I own both - probably prefer the ST75F of the two. The ST75F powers a 8800GTX, Quad Core X3220 @ 3ghz, EVGA 680i A1 Motherboard, Eight Seagate 750gb drives, Areca 1231ML Controller, Two Hot Swap 3x5 bays, DVD-RW, 29160 SCSI, and eight fans. It's super quiet too.

Last edited:
Back