• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help, installing windows on a new comp, cannot detect HD!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

100mbHD

I just build a comp, and am using SATA for the first time. During windows install, it said press f6 to load third party adapters, i did this, using the floppy disk that came with the NF7-S motherboard. I loaded the drivers, and it began formatting and installing. After it finished, it went back to the dos screen and it said "please remove disk or other devices" meaning the floppy driver disk. I did that, and it began loading windows setup again. Windows is already installed, why would it load windows again? when I remove the windows disk, it says "boot disk failure, insert the system disk to continue" What should i do here!?!?

oh and when i try to install again, it tells me that an operating system has already been installed. meaning that it did install on the HD.

*UPDATE*

i get this message now when i try too boot:

"Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. could not read from selected boot disk. check boot path and disk hardware"

Last edited:
Back