• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help on CHEAP gaming pc build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can certainly go for a bundle deal, though they generally contain components that aren't all that great. What exactly is your budget? What screen will you be using? So, is this strictly a gaming computer? The more specifics you can give the better.

My budget is 400$ The cheaper the better :) all i need is the computer and a key bored. I have the monitor and a copy of windows 7 :) the computer will be mainly gaming and also web browsing (youtube and facebook) thanks for the help :D!
-Branden

Go for used stuff:

You can get a decent AM3+/PhenomII/DDR3 combo for $200. Yo add a used 6950/6970/560ti for $150. Add a decent 600w PSU for $50 and you're golden.

You can save money by putting the PC on a piece of wood. Saving the cost of a case. $400 is very very hard to do for gaming. Very. I'd say wait till you have $600.

Don't know of any 'decent PSU's for $50 unless you like to take risks.........

Last edited:
Minecraft/CS:GO/LoL should be doable on that budget. Look into an AMD APU, then save up another $70 or so and add a 6670 to it for a solid light gaming build for the price.

You can save money by putting the PC on a piece of wood. Saving the cost of a case. $400 is very very hard to do for gaming. Very. I'd say wait till you have $600.

Like this? ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20130519_153618.jpg
    IMG_20130519_153618.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 108
Thanks for the help guys :) i have a question! do current computers have built in wifi recievers? (desktops) because my router is on the other side of the house and i dont want to run a wire through my hallway lol. would i need to purchase this piece with the components for a build? thanks.
-Branden

Some motherboards have it built in, but you usually need a separate wireless adapter add-in card.

Last edited:
dang...thats to bad. are the built it ones all more expsensive? and how cheap is a good adapter.... i saw one for 150mps and started laughing.
-Branden

They shouldn't be too expensive...I just got a dual band, 300+300 adapter for $20 a few days ago.

This is $415 with $35 in mail-in-rebates:
2.PNG
3 (2).PNG

Hey Knufire thanks for the response (ive been very busy lately) i like that build but its a bit high :) what do you guys think about this?
(comes out to 375 with rebates which is still alot but i could manage)

That won't work nearly as well. What I'd do, in that case, is take the build I posted and drop the video card, save up and buy it later. The CPU has an integrated graphics that's fairly powerful. The reason this is so much better than the combo you posted is that this GPU can combine with the integrated GPU, and so you get a pretty powerful system for cheap. With the FX CPU you posted, there's no integrated graphics, so this isn't possible.

Look up AMD Dual Graphics to read more on the subject. And remember...mine was $380 with rebates, $415 without.

Hmmm Alright i totally understand now. Thanks! Is there any other things i can to do drop it? (i have now just set a budget at 400) maybe a cheaper case combo or drop down to 4gb of ram? or is that a really bad idea? (thank you so much for the help and the quick reply.)
-Branden

Oh and the pic you posted those components are off newegg right?

ATMINSIDE any other ideas then :/? I really do like the components list (other than the case) is there anything i could do to get it under 400?
-Branden

Like Knufire said, don't buy the GPU for now and you're well under $400.

Then, save up the $65 and get the GPU later.

Could just run it in a cardboard box if you really want to save money. Shouldn't be a problem at all (as long as you don't have pets or little kids around).

Back