• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help on choosing soundcards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

j2me_tech

hi,

first of all, sorry i knew this is intel cpu section, but i posted it in general hardware, nobody reply. so i think i should post it here also b'coz there're alot of ppl here using ic7. :p

i just got my abit ic7 & it come with an onboard soundcard, Realtek ALC650 6-Channel AC97 Codec. i'm currently using SB Live Values. now i having headache on choosing which soundcard ot use. i need some output, thanks in advance.

1. which soundcard offer better performance?
2. which soundcard take more resources?
3. which one should i choose? onboard or SB?

Rasputin'sLiver,

thanks, i'll get an audigy 2 or audigy 2. or maybe buy an audigy 2. :p

Have you tried posting in the video cards & sound cards forum? I'm still messing with a SB Live! 5.1 and they can be bought for pretty cheap now, but the Audigy 2 is obviously cheaper and more expensive. If you are worried about Creative drivers then I heard that the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz is pretty good as well.

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz will be one of the best sound cards u can buy...especially for its price and quality, being as old as it is...the sound quality is still above many on the market today.
Its also one of the most flexible SC's
Not to mention the drivers are a dream ease of installation and no bloatware like some other companies.

=)

Ive asked several people I didnt know that well, to take out their Sblive!, Audigy1/2 based card and just give the Santa Cruz a shot.
They sold their Creative based cards after that ! Never went back.

The Upgraded Santa Cruz(if one comes out) will be the only other SC I will ever buy over this =)

Back