• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help w/ o/c settings on a K7VTA2 Pro (3.1) mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ezcharlie

is there any way to change mult. settings for this mobo. via jumpers or flashing the bios? here is my problem, i have 3 cpu's that i can use on this board, (all stock speeds) either an athlon 950 (100fsb,256kL2), a duron 1300 (100fsb,64kL2) or a duron 1400 (133fsb,64kL2). i am able to o/c the first 2 chips to 1130(133x8.5) and 1400(133x10.5) respectively on an old sdram only board (DFI AK??) using jumpers. i haven't tried to o/c the third yet. i'd like to know the best chip to use for this K7VTA2 board coz i'd really like to use DDR ram. i haven't tried fsb o/cing yet coz i'd like to find out if i could mult. o/c first. in any case, which chip should i use coz i believe having the 256kL2 would be a significant diff. in the operation of my sys. right? basically, i'd like to have the DDR option, 256kL2 and fastest cpu that can give me these options on this board. any help would be greatly appreciated. (p.s. i also have a K7S5A mobo if that matters.) i tried using the search option but it only came up w/ two results for this mobo and both threads didn't help.

ok.

i apologize but i was looking for alternative methods or maybe mods like a certain bios that gives additional settings for just the mult. or maybe a way to enable the 256k cache on my 1400mhz duron (DHD1400DLV1C) if it's possible, btw, i tried to o/c that 1400 w/ this board and i was able to o/c it to the max. fsb setting on this board w/c is 165mhz. 1400 o/cd to 1733. it seems to be stable. i think the voltage for this chip is 1.5v

sorry I thought you were trying to put a zalman on the mobo. I am confused! I would go with the duron at 1400 unless you really need the cache of 256k. I think that mobo is mostly jumpers?

Back