• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Need help with installing Stalker Call of pripyat+mods (AO3.1 etc..)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crow846

Hi guys,

Lately I got a little bit nostalgic with the HBO series of Chernobyl and decided to revisit the old favorite video game Stalker.
But as I installed it I realized that some mods will be required for enjoyable play.
Such as AO3.1 , Atmosfear 3 and Absolute nature.
Yet installing them 8 years after the release of the game is not as easy as I thought.
The game crashes after installing all 3 of them.
After some searches on google I couldn't find any solution as the video game is too old.

Are there any other fans of the video game who might help?

FYI I haven't played video games for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick reply.
But it is not as simple as you might think.
I want to play the game with the 3 mods I mentioned. With out those 3 mods the game just looks awful.
They should work just fine but probably there is a patch or a tweak that I missed so I was hoping some one could help me.
I searched the web and people mentioned some patch/tweak file but I couldn't find it.

Right. I get the goal, but sometime to find the issue, you need to isolate the problem. I dont play the game but this is the way I'd approach it. :)

The problem is an obvious one.
The mod AO3.1 is not working and crash the game at start. probably due to bad installation by me.
I was hoping that some one who is also playing the game or know how to install the mods will help me.
I am still hoping btw..

Managed to install the game with the mods.
I missed the part where you have to edit some game setting txt file to add modding to the game engine.
Every thing working pretty good.

God, I forgot how difficult can this game be at places.

Back