• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some help with aligning fans fer case cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saxile

ok guys & gals, I need some ideas of how to aim these fans in this case (13 stock spaces!!)...

|x------X------------------|
|x------------------x*-----|
|---------------------------|
|---------------------------|
|--------X---------x*-----|
|------------------------x*|
|______________________x*|

X=120mm
x=80mm
x*=80mm on each side

current setup:

--------------^
_______|__________________
|-----------x---------------|
|--------^-----------------|
|---------|--------^-------|
|x->---X----------|--------|
|x->---------------x*------|
|-------------------^-------|
|--------------------|-------|
|--------X----------x*-----|
|---------|------------<-x*|
|______v______________<-x*|

lemme know if anyone can think of a better setup, my current temps are:
case= 31*C
ambient=24*C
cpu=40*C

Last edited:
kinda hard to see what you got from your pics. i was able to keep my case 2 degrees over ambient by using the rear exhaust as an intake and 1 120 intake in the side and just removing the top drive bay covers to let the air exhaust out the top front.

That is a very confusing drawing. Looks like you have 4 80mm blowing in front and back, 120mms on the sides? Can't really tell your present orientation. Maybe you should try laying it out in MS Paint and attaching it.

case.bmp

see if that helps any

temps raise about 10*C if I do that

edit: my 2 rear fans are 80mm Delta 80cfm screamers same as the one on my heatsink

A small tip, save .bmp files as 16 colors.
This is what I would try to change first:
Bottom 120mm to intake.
Rear 2X80mm to exhaust
Top front 80mm to exhaust each side.

There are many possible combinations, so I think you have to do some trial and error to find out what works best.

Right off, you have way too much intake, and not enough exhaust. Flip-flop the positions of the 2 120mm lower in, upper out. Turn the rear 80mms to exhaust. You would ideally like to have a balance of intake and exhaust. Just remember that heat rises, and consider another exhaust fan somewhere at the top of your case.

but the more air you put in the case the more air that will come out, if you put enough in, it'll find a way out correct? In my case right now through the bottom 120 exhaust which is pull the air from my geforce 3 Ti500 runnin almost at geforce 4 4400 speeds... plus wouldn't puttin the top 120 to exhaust create a vacuum at my hsf? Seein that's blowin into the hs at 80cfm and my 120s are 105 cfm? The top of my case is very well vented with about 40 vents on each side.

Are you severely overclocked? I don't see how you can be getting 40 degree CPU temps with so many fans.

I have about the same ambient as you and run at 34 for both CPU and system with: 1x120mm fan (set low), 1x92 mm (set low), and my PSU. Of course I took the door off and replaced it with a furnace filter, and added an inner duct to ensure that only ambient air is directed at the CPU (the 120mm)

I think maybe your case SUC&S!!
(along with probably sounding like a freeway)

Back