• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some input on 19" CRTs roundup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trdsw20

I have to get a new monitor but Im conteplating about what to get. so far Im considering the

Samsung 955DF @ $199
NEC Accusync 90 @ $188.99
NEC Accusync 95f @ $219

Whats the difference between the 2 NECs?
Do you guys have anyother reccomendations?

sounds like one is a flat crt and the other is a normal.
i highley prefer flat crt's

i dont know which would be better but id say the nec $219 one as it seems to be a flat also by the model number.

btw i get my 19" kds extreme flats at walmart for $188 but thats in ohio so i dont know if you can find them also locally.

NO WAY 188??? Thats too good to be true. Iguess I gotta pay walmart a visit and see. What do you think of the quality???
I wanted to go with a bigger name since I was gonna be stuck with this monitor for a while but KDS might be the way to go.

Does anyone else have the KDS or the 3 monitors above?

ive never had an issue with several ive owned.
this last one wasnt as good as the prevous ones ive used.
it had a line you could see scrolling on the screen telling me the refresh rate was not doing its job correctly at 85hrz

kinda odd as ive never had that problem before.i put it at 90 and all is good.
picture quallity is excellent.
ive not had one go bad and ive had 3 of these.

newegg has an orion 19" flat for $155 it has the "f" in the model number and is only $15 shipping.i was gonna get that but i decided id get another one same as i have.

My KDS was returned 2 times but it was a 17" VIS-71. However KDS did a great Job on the RMA..fast and painless.
I now have a 19 " NEC(MS97f flat screen) and was going to get a cicero 19" flat screen when I saw that the nec ahd better Dot pitch, higher resolution, less radiation and better Powersaver. Since My roomate has the exact same monitor I decided to go w/ NEC. It is a nice product.
If the KDS has similar specs to the NEC than KDS may be a cheaper option. I personally figure that if I am buying a 19' monitor that it better support resolutions higher than 1280x1024. I think u r shopping for a 17"? so this may not be a prob for you.

I got the 19" KDS flat monitor "Xflat" I got it at Microcenter for $219.00 I'm not sure of the specs on it but it seems to be great.

Alright deals of all deals hopefully. I have a friend that works at a electronic store. Im gonna ask him to get a viewsonic a90f+ (retail 279.99 -50 MIR) for me. Hopefully I end up with a 19" viewsonic for under 200.00 and since its locally no shipping fees.

Back