• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need to get the hot air out of my case, what do i do

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

liftedcj7on44s

here are some pics of my case, i need to setup a exhaust to run out the back, how should i go about doing this? now the 92mm thats in back behind the CPU heatsink is the biggest that will fit there, i tried a 120mm but it wont even come close. My idle temps seem to be ok, 32c right now with ambient in front of the case at 22c. but load jumps all the way up to 49-52c. This seems to be that not enough hot air is being exhausted! there are 2 80mm fans in the bottom front for intake, 1 120mm on the side panel for intake, then the one on the CPU blowing towards the cpu, and the one 92 mm exhaust, nothing in the pci slots

Attachments

• DSC02201 (Small).JPG
    DSC02201 (Small).JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 109
blow hole, maybe a fan blowing out your pci slot

getting a cooler for your 7800 that blows out the back of your case would eliminate that heat

the heat is not gpu problems, sure it creates alot of heat but if i run prime i get over 50c max, i wished i would have never took this freakin IHS off, im going watercooling this weekend, that will be it.

Your XP-120 looks pretty filthy.:rolleyes: How are your load temps with a clean HS and the side panel removed with a desk fan blowing air into the case? (for test)

What speed are you running the Enermax @? (HSs' fan)

the enermax heatsink fan is running off the power supply so its running wide open, the xp-120 isnt really that dusty, i just took it out 6 times yesterday mounting and remounting it and its not dusty, might be the pics! not sure about a fan blowing in the case i havent tried it!

well the second hole up top is going to be for a duct to run directly to the cpu, i just had those cut today, but i dont think its going to work out too well. but i can feel intake from that hole! oh also these temps that i am telling you that i am getting are at stock clocks and stock voltage, the real problem is the fact that i removed the IHS and that the XP-120 just wont work right on it. I have mounted and remounted it 12 times total and i cant get the temps better. with the IHS on i was only getting like 31cI 41cL. So if i can get the IHS back on some how the temps might go back down, but i tried to put it on just using AS5 on the core and then putting the IHS on and then putting AS5 on the IHS and putting the sink back on. well this didnt work, it wouldnt completely boot up because it was overheating. so i took the IHS back off and here i am again. So i was told i can just use superglue to put the IHS back on. Does anyone recommend this?

Yes, more exhaust... blow hole, etc. Negetive preasure is key, a larger chassis would help as well. For a less invasive solutiuon, a little wire management can go a long way.

i have tried putting wires in every nool and cranny i can find but there are still wires everywhere. except for the fan at the bottom side hole. But i might take it back down here in a little bit and see if i can get something better. I have a delta 220cfm fan, should i run that out the top for exhaust? If i can bear the sound. but i am seriously just thinking about going water cooling

liftedcj7on44s said:
i have tried putting wires in every nool and cranny i can find but there are still wires everywhere.

harlam357 said:
larger chassis

Seriously, since I'm no removing the IHS kinda guy... me thinks, "that processor was expensive" :rolleyes:, I don't know what to tell you bud... other than you're obviously not getting good contact between the dies and the XP-120. I don't know if a waterblock would solve that or not... the dies still have to make good contact with a "flat" surface to dissipate heat effectively.

I've heard the same... just making the observation that the contact between die(s) & sink cannot be good. Water may do you well... I say go for it! :thup: ...can't hurt to try. :)

woohooo i got it back like it was, I put the IHS back on the Opty, cleaned up the wiring some more, And put the 120mm that was in the side window as a PCI exhaust and My idle temp right now Is 27C. i am about to test load and let you know what it get too after about 5 minutes of prime torture test!

Back