• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Network Transfer Speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DBZ

I have Time Warner Here is my current setup for my Network

Upstair RT-N16 (Flashed tomato) running 2.4 GHZ
E2000 (Flashed tomato) running 5GHZ (connected to RT-N16 via wired)

Downstair - Linksys e320 (Flashed Tomato) - Received 5ghz signal - Wired connection to home server, htpc, comp and NAS.

Sometime I get (Wired) 60MB/s transfer out of network and sometime I get 10~ MB/s transfer out. I only created 3 users login and I know I'm the only one logging in and doing the transfer. What is also weird is that when time warner went dead a week ago, I couldn't access my network eventhough its through wired connection. I'm not a network guru by any mean, I just know enough to setup and get things running so if you have any advice, please do tell.

Take the time warner modem/router (whatever it is they give you) out of the equation. If your router is the connection outside, disconnect it from the outside world. Do some file copy tests again and see if that changes anything.

Back