• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW 1700+ TB stepping..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Because i tried the higher fsb at lower multipliers and still cant finish 3dmark. Plus, i said i had it at 159fsb at one point because my previous chip wouldnt go beyond that. That means my 1/5 divider didnt kick in. So everything was running fine that far out of spec. 159fsb with 1/4 divider is way more out of spec then a 175fsb with a 1/5 divider.

That's right. Sorry, I forgot which thread I was following, I should've went back and read your previous posts...

Could just be a bum board that's limiting the fsb though, there isn't really anything else left.

Tru2ya said:
Because i tried the higher fsb at lower multipliers and still cant finish 3dmark. Plus, i said i had it at 159fsb at one point because my previous chip wouldnt go beyond that. That means my 1/5 divider didnt kick in. So everything was running fine that far out of spec. 159fsb with 1/4 divider is way more out of spec then a 175fsb with a 1/5 divider.

As what i'll try to low my mem timing and more vmem. I don't know if you have tried thoes undocument jumper to increase to Vmen? Heard it can up to 2.99v by connectin the jp1 & jp2 jumper.

Last edited:
BioS said:

As what i'll try to low my mem timing and more vmem. I don't know if you have tried thoes undocument jumper to increase to Vmen? Heard it can up to 2.99v by connectin the jp1 & jp2 jumper.

I could try but again when my fsb was at 159mhz, my memory was running at 370mhz at the time. With 175fsb, it runs at 350mhz. I checked the forums on my board, and it was recommended not to go past 2.75v which its on. Also my memory is guranteed to run at 400mhz regardless.

Tru2ya said:

I could try but again when my fsb was at 159mhz, my memory was running at 370mhz at the time. With 175fsb, it runs at 350mhz. I checked the forums on my board, and it was recommended not to go past 2.75v which its on. Also my memory is guranteed to run at 400mhz regardless.

400MHz at 2T, not 1T. If you got it set at 1T, then your memory will stop at around 360MHz.

My friend got he XMS3200 and he found the limits of the ram chips :)

OC-Master

hmm, ya i do think i have it on 1T. Do you think if i set it to 2T it will make a noticable decrease in overall performance?

While running 166fsb, my 2700XMS couldn't do 1T. It worked with 2T and the rest of the timings were fast, but 3dMark would crash. In fact i only got to finish 3dMark one time under those circumstances. score = 8902

So i drop the divisor to 4. The best i can get out of my ram with 1T is 144 so far. Haven't tried more because my cpu temps are 44 idle now @ 12.5x and 1800MHz. At least the whole thing is more stable as it survives Prime95's torture test. 3dMark score now is 9109.

Keep in mind that i don't have my board volt modded, so i can't push either my ram or cpu to their true limits. That's why i'm just trying to find the best i can get with my most aggressive ram timings. So, to answer Tru2ya's question, i think 1T is more important than doing volt mods to squeeze MHz out at the expense of more heat.

Last edited:
I tried it with 1T disabled and still doesnt complete 3dmark. So just like i thought, its not the ram.

I'm putting the AIRGA 1700+ in my main rig now, preliminary results soon.

Last edited:
Dissolved just got my xp1700 TB and its a RIWGA as well. I'm going to slap on the water block right out of the box and see what it will do.

At 1.85 GHz, running Prime 95. Seems alright so far. Temps are high though, about 48C load On-die and at 1.73V.

Tru2ya said:

Don't know much bout that Mem mhz.. As i'm 1.850 Vmem on my Samsung for 5 months without see any problem. As i saw people up to 2.3 vmen on Epox.

Well, now i'm starting to hear that my board doesnt support the 1/5 divider for the pci. I checked sandra and it shows my agp running at 88mhz and pci at 44mhz. I really don't understand how others were able to hit 200+fsb

Tru2ya said:
Well, now i'm starting to hear that my board doesnt support the 1/5 divider for the pci. I checked sandra and it shows my agp running at 88mhz and pci at 44mhz. I really don't understand how others were able to hit 200+fsb

sandra can't be right. A 44mhz pci bus would really cause havoc. doesn't yor bois show your bus speed?

I don't think so, All these KT333 board have 1/5 divider but only Giga 7VRXP. I mean Asus, Abit, Epox, and Msi have 1/5 divider. Your Asus can kick in 1/5 as eaily as 154 fsb....

I really think the AGOIA Y cpus that popped up last month are a better buy. AMD has done just what Intel did almost a year ago, accept intels .13 cpus overclocked like crazy. I have reached 1.9 on this agoia I have right now, most likely could hit 2ghz, but the problem is my HD **** cans on me. Just my 2 cents.

Krowa 02 said:
I really think the AGOIA Y cpus that popped up last month are a better buy. AMD has done just what Intel did almost a year ago, accept intels .13 cpus overclocked like crazy. I have reached 1.9 on this agoia I have right now, most likely could hit 2ghz, but the problem is my HD **** cans on me. Just my 2 cents.

I agree that the 1700+ tbreds have not been very promising, but my AGOIA at 1.85v would only hit 1800mhz while this new 1800+ tbred hits 1950mhz with only 1.7v, that aint too shabby...

Back