• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new 2100b hotter than my old one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pctuner@amd

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME AS I HAVE SOLD OTHERS DEAD OR
I just got my new 2100b from Newegg and its a 0250 and my older one was a 0301, Also I upgraded my board from a Asus A7N8X to a Abit NF7-S and using the same cooler the swiffy mw462+T I am seeing 25 to 30c and before I was seeing 12 to 15c at 1.85-1.9v. I know my heatsink is seated properly and it is making good contact but it still is running way hotter than the 0301. What could be the deal?:(

Last edited:
pctuner@amd said:
I just got my new 2100b from Newegg and its a 0250 and my older one was a 0301, Also I upgraded my board from a Asus A7N8X to a Abit NF7-S and using the same cooler the MCX462+T I am seeing 25 to 30c and before I was seeing 12 to 15c at 1.85-1.9v. I know my heatsink is seated properly and it is making good contact but it still is running way hotter than the 0301. What could be the deal?:(
Different boards dont read same thats all. WHat are you using to check the temps?

I guess my question would be - how were you cooling your CPU to 54-59F (12-15C)? Is your room temperature really that cool?

25-30C would be 77-86F. That sounds a whole lot more reasonable, at least for idle temps.

I am using a peltiered watercooled setup with a Swiffy waterblock and a Exos cooling system but the temps are way to high on the Abit compared to the Asus and the temps are being read through cpucool and MBM5...

By the way I'm also running at 2400mhz with a 12x200mhz fsb so the CPU speed may have something to do with it since the Asus would hardly get up to 180mhz fsb and a 11 multi so it may be the CPU speed difference that is giving me the higher temps but that is still to high temps for my setup..

My temps hot too

Yea i have an xp2100 tbred (b) at 185x13=2.4ghz, with an EpoX 8k3ae+ motherboard, and i get about 45-50c full load, these seem really hot since I am water cooled and it its about 40-50c outside....are these temps not accurate?

Thanks

Well for starters you should upgrade MBM there is a patch file. Possibaly didnt mount the heatsink correctly or the paste. Remeber the paste has to cure for like 3 days, for maximum benifits.

Also check the motherboard list database they have in mbm.livewiredev.com and see which sensor your new board uses to read the cpu temp

where at can i find a mbm patch? in hte bios it says 60c i know thats high but is that even possable is that correct? i am running a copper sink with a 7000 rpm fan 40cfm 2500+ clocked to 2800 btu even at teh 2500 its the same temp the sink isnt even hot i got artic silver grease too is this correct? how can i get real readings?

Thats what I thought that the process might have gotten better but the older chip smokes the newer stepping one and thats just to much of a temp difference for it to be manufacturing... And yes I know how to mount a heatsink I've checked it with my old cooler the mcx-462+t and it was still higher than normal...

pctuner, have you checked that CPU with your older mobo? You can NOT compare temps on different mobos.
I can testify a difference of 10C between a MSI mobo and a Soltek one all under very same conditions (CPU, heatsink, paste, Vcore…).
The only (cheep) way to compare would be to use your ultimate thermometer - your HAND. :)
15C would be cold, 30C would be warm…
I bet that if you measure the temp of the 2 CPUs under the same conditions and on the same mobo the temps will be more or less the same.

my week 301 tbred seems to be colder then anyones tbred that i've seen. stock it was running low 20's idle this was on my Gigabyte board and on a leadtech Nforce 2 board.

I am in the understanding that the comparison is hard to make because of the different Mobos that is why I asked the question regarding this issue because the Asus was able to read CPU Die temp and the Abit reads the thermistor in the socket and granted the Asus had a thermistor as well and it read higher than the die because the peltier cools directly at the point of contact, that beimg the die.. But the Abit reading this higher temp tends to Throw off the Bios high temp protection but I still am getting the high temp using my MCX-462+t which on the old board and newer stepping CPU I got around 10 to 15c and now its in the 50's which is not good. My main thought is that the Asus was unable to run as high a FSB it ran into a wall at about 195 thats with it vmodded on the Vcore, VDimm, and the chipset. The Abit easily hit 210mhz FSB out of the box and that makes me wonder if its the high bus rate running the die so much hotter at lower voltages. My MCX-462+T will make ice on it after being plugged in about 2 minutes when not on the chip so I know its working properly and so will the MCW-462+T I have on my WC setup so I'm at a loss as to why the chip would be so hot in this new board if its not because of the high overclock, I've got it at 217x11 right now at 1.8v and I am getting 50c at the thermistor, so if a WC setup can't cool it at that speed what can I would have gotten a promethia if I knew thats what it was going to take...

Back