• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED New Build = No Power. Mobo? PSU? Other?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gear.h34d.2012

Hey everyone, hope you're all well.

Today (More like last night) I found myself in a dilemma. I completed a new build about 2am only to find out that the sucker wouldn't power on. This being the first time I've ever completed a build that didn't initially power on I found myself in a mild panic-like state. :p

I'm looking for input as to what the issue could be from those of you who've been here before.

Build:

ASRock Z77 EXtreme4 LGA 1155
OCZ ZT750W Fully Modular PSU
MSI Radeon 7950 Twin Frozr
Intel Core i5 3570k
Coolermaster Hyper 612 CPU Cooler
Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 8GB

Symptoms:

Upon total build completion, once plugged into the wall and PSU switched on nothing lights up. No Motherboard LED indicators, no noise, no anything.

Possible Solutions:

Headed back to the apartment now to check two things:

-Paperclip test the PSU
-Check for grounded motherboard. (Installed Mobo without double-checking for spare leads)

Any other comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated you guys! Thanks!

Being fully modular, are the connections for the 8-pin and 24-pin pushed in completely into the PSU?

Redduc, are you referring to the CPU power cable?

ATMINSIDE, I'm almost positive they are. I'll make it a note to check those as well. I'm headed there now.

Redduc, are you referring to the CPU power cable?

ATMINSIDE, I'm almost positive they are. I'll make it a note to check those as well. I'm headed there now.

Yes, he is. It is very easy to forget about that one.

Back