• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New case and PSU...need advice!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XiveX

W00t! Thanks for all the helpful info on these forums guys. I originally ordered a Tornado 2000 case from 3dcool.com, but I have since changed my mind and have just ordered an Antec SL-1000B (the 1040B with no power supply) and am having them stick a True Power 480watt PSU in that puppy. I also purchased a 80mm Hard Drive cooling fan and an additional 80mm Smart Fan from them. I am very excited about getting it and am planning to stick an AMD Athlon XP 2100+, Abit KR7A-133 RAID mobo, 1 gig DDR Ram, and VisionTek Xtasy Geforce 4 Ti 4600 in it!! Very exciting!

This is going to be my first overclocking endeavor. I've already purchased vid ram heatsinks, a blue orb to replace the traditional visiontek fan, and an Alpha PAL 8045 for CPU cooler. Got the Arctic Silver Thermal Grease and Silver Epoxy on the way.

I have a question regarding the DDR ram. Anyone have any recommendations on the brand?

Thanks,

XiveX

Back