• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New cruncher

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blamauci

Registered
Hello everybody i thought i would introduce myself:)

I am Maurice and i have recently joined the team here at Overclockers.com
I am from the Netherlands from the city of Tilburg where I live in a beautiful big house with 7 other guys and gals:rock::rock:

I am 20 years old and completed a study of Game Design:comp:
I've been building my own pc's since i was about ten years old

my first pc was a 233mhz pentium 2 with an ati rage pro 3d and it was badass
loved to play duke nukem 2 on that one and not to forget my oldie favourite ''commander Keen''

later i build a socket 939 system with an Msi board and a Athlon 64 3200+ and a geforce 6600 pci-e i think i have that one somewhere in the basement

At the moment I am runing a AM3 system an 550 unlocked and a GTX260 core216 from Palit with a MSI 770-G45 and 4 GB dd3 1333mhz

anyway my girlfriends father has terminal cancer:( and i started rosetta cause it seeks for cures. So I have a personal interest in this:comp::comp::comp:

Big Welcome to the Team Maurice! :welcome:
Thank you for coming over to help us!

yeah i like rosetta@home almost 5k points now
but is there a GPU client for rosetta like SETI cause my GTX260 is a folding beast

and i have a little problem my CPU gave me compute errors while overclocked while at the same settings on SETI i havent had a single error:bang head:bang head

so i downclocked it to stock and errors dont come anymore but it bugs me that my RAC will be a lot lower now

Blamauci

welcome to the baddest mofo Rosetta team :D as for your GPU question, no there is no way to put that bad boy for rosetta...yet. I am currently using my GPU to crunch for the F@H team here OR GPUGRID (gives insane amounts of BOINC points and your GTX 260 would definitely kick *** there)

... and i have a little problem my CPU gave me compute errors while overclocked while at the same settings on SETI i havent had a single error:bang head:bang head

:welcome:

Be sure to sign up for the contest. (I don't think it's too late.)

I've found that different programs stress different systems in different ways. My 820 was stable with Prime95 and Rosetta but started rebooting about a dozen times/day when I switched to SETI (and optimized applications.) OTOH an older Athlon X2 3800+ which was stable on Prime95 would lock up within minutes of starting Rosetta. You're probably really close to being stable and just need to nudge a setting or two to get it there.

:welcome:

Be sure to sign up for the contest. (I don't think it's too late.)

I've found that different programs stress different systems in different ways. My 820 was stable with Prime95 and Rosetta but started rebooting about a dozen times/day when I switched to SETI (and optimized applications.) OTOH an older Athlon X2 3800+ which was stable on Prime95 would lock up within minutes of starting Rosetta. You're probably really close to being stable and just need to nudge a setting or two to get it there.

thanks man yeah i already sign-ed up 5 days ago:rock::rock::salute:
you were totally right about my stability i have downed the HTT multi to X8
and no more compute errors:thup:
i guess it was the HTT link speed that was almost 2.2GHZ that made it unstable my HTT is now 2070mhz and i have a rock solid 3.5GHZ clockspeed on my onlocked cpu

again backed off to stock because of the problems that rosetta had yesterday:-/:-/

but what i would like to tell you all is that im already number 42 in the stats for RAC:thup::salute:

and i have some good news too the company where i work is upgrading servers and the have accidentally order 2 extra G34 boards and some extra magny cours 12 cores and i can get them for a sweet price

i dont think i can run them anytime soon cause of the space limit in my room
i just dont have the room for a rackserver but when i find the room there will be al dual magny-cours system in our team for a total of 24 cores crunching there asses off

i already have bought the 2 magny procs and the mobo today
could i use a normal psu and mount it in my case that would be awesome there still on there trays and the mobo is still in the box...:comp::comp:

btw the mobo has a NF200 chip so Its SLI capable
it has 4 pci-e X16 slots but i havent checked the actual link width yet cause it still on my work place in the box

Back