• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New DFI mobos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I will give you a nickle if you flash the Lanparty 865pe bios to a 865pe INfinity... or vice versa

Inconcievable. How could the fastest motherboard also be the cheapest?

the price of the LP boards is more about the accessories and such. You do get what you pay for, I have the I875B LP board @ 301FSB 5:4 3.66Ghz without any hassles at all...but the Infinity I865PE board....even the engineers in Taiwan tout this as one of the fastest Intel boards ever (i just dont have anymore P4's to plug into one heh)

Its cheaper b/c it doesnt have all those flashy do-dads I guess. But hey thats good to hear if you ask me.

I wonder if the performance enhancing case stickers and other do-dads will give the Lanparty 865pe and edge over the 865pe Infinity. One can never underestimate the performance boost to be gained by such methods.

again it depends on Intel's final version of the Prescott...until Intel gives us a real pre-retail (not engineering sample) chip and says 'this is the final version', our best guess is as good as yours =)

as for the Infinity I865PE vs the LanParty I865PE...same board, pcb, bios etc...just the LP board has of course all the goodies etc (basically same difference as there is between the Infinity NF2 and LanParty NF2 "B")

Angry_Games said:

as for the Infinity I865PE vs the LanParty I865PE...same board, pcb, bios etc...just the LP board has of course all the goodies etc (basically same difference as there is between the Infinity NF2 and LanParty NF2 "B")

I knew it!

I want to get that 865pe infintity board but I'm gonna wait until feb. or until there is a definate word that its Prescott compatible.

Back