• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new geforce cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

germanjulian

what do u guys think of this?
http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/zm80-hp.htm

i am working on a silent system right now!
getting passive northbride cooler and got the flower copper cooler for athlon xp (core temp is 69C load and 47 surface).
i am replacing my fans in my case with quite ones and fan control and i am getting sound dampening stuff as well.
but the geforce man is loud and hot and is hard to make quite!!!
this is a new product but i cant find any reviews on it!

anyone seen one?

That looks cool, but I'm sure some people wouldn't want it on their Geforce 4/ATi Radeon 9700 because it would just put out heat and it wouldn't be dissapiated.

-PC

Last edited:
When you say put out heat, do you mean generate it or take it away from the gpu but not dissipate it? But I wouldn't trust that thing on an expensive vid card either.

Judging my the heatpipe, most likely the heat from the ram/gpu would go up away, but it would just stay on the heatsink since there is no active cooling process to take it off.

-PC

?
what
that principle applys to all stuff in ur computer. heat gets created, transferred through metals (heatsinks) to get a bigger surface area so the air molucures (some like water) take the heat away from the metal. THE AIR has to get out of the case otherwise the temps would rise and rise and rise and rise.
the surface area is huge! its one big heatsink and it has loads of surface area. due to the massive amout of surface area loads of air can take away the heat and no active fan blowing on the surface area is required due to the surface area being so large. if it would be smaller (look at the standart bullpoo heatsink) loads of air has to go through to take away the heat.
if u have a well ventilated case the surface area of this heatsink should be sufficent.
have u seen the passive northbirdge cooler from zalmans?
you can use it on any northbridge chip without worrying of overheating! i think the chip will run far cooler with this heatsink due to its size and my 90CM fan blowing on my cpu heatsink and the surounding area

Back