• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW Maxtor hard drives! MAXTOR RULEZ THE PLANET IN STORAGE ONCE AGAIN!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

yea, you heard it right, Maxtor has 160GB hard drives out that run with ATA 133 technology. They also have 80GB 7200rpm drives that can read at a steady 40MB a second with the new 40GB disk platters. NOW thats FAST!

AXIA said:
yea, you heard it right, Maxtor has 160GB hard drives out that run with ATA 133 technology. They also have 80GB 7200rpm drives that can read at a steady 40MB a second with the new 40GB disk platters. NOW thats FAST!

This is what ive been trying to tell people. This is what we need this will improve our performance quite noticeable and Via has the Southbridge chipset that will support ATA 133. Im just waiting to see a board come out with this chipset hopefully they make one with the 266a northbridge in it. :D

so i can stop hating maxtor now? just wait till ibm or segate puts out one of these drives...that will be fast.

thou i think IBM makes great Hard drives, I don't think they will have the performance of the new Maxtors, Maxtor has plain went all out with the latest technology which they invented and then sold the 133 spec to VIA/ALI and SIS. Intel still sux cause they dont believe in ATA 133 and will never support it. INTEL wants to force serial ATA `yuk` . You can read more about it at Maxtor's web site.

So they have a fast drive. How long does it last? Maxtor doesn't rule anything but cheapness, as in lack of quality.

Don't mind me, I am just upset at a company that puts out a junk product that causes me work because it fails all the time and needs to be replaced.

What is this doing in the memory area?

I jsut got my RMA'd drive from them and I was hoping it was one of those 160MB ata 133 drives but it was a POS 30gigger. 8)

Back