• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member looking for some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RagnZ

Hello everyone! Heres my cpu-z validation, can anyone tell me if there is anything i can improve on....I can't seem to get my cpu frequency stable over 250mhz. The motherboard i have apparently is known for being a p.o.s. for overclocking since you can't change the vcore voltage or the dram:fsb ratio. The ram automatically overclocks along with the fsb. Is there a way to unlink the ram with this mobo?

Intel Celeron E1400
Windows Vista Ultimate Edition SP2 (Build 6002)
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads
CPU PSN : Intel Celeron CPU E1400 @ 2.00GHz
CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S), EM64T
CPUID : 6.F.D / Extended : 6.F
CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 32 / 2 x 32 KB - L2 : 512 KB
Core : Conroe (65 nm) / Stepping : M0
Freq : 2508.28 MHz (250.83 * 10)
MB Brand : Asus
MB Model : P5QPL-AM
NB : Intel G41 rev A3
SB : Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R) rev A1
GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
GPU Clocks : Core 620 MHz / RAM 800 MHz
DirectX Version : 10.0
RAM : 2048 MB DDR2 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 501.7 MHz (1:2) @ 5-5-5-15
Slot 1 : 1024MB (6400)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : OCZ
Slot 2 : 1024MB (6400)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : OCZ

Attachments

• cpu-z 1.png
    cpu-z 1.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 128
You can try updating the bios, but I doubt that will work. Memory may not be your issue either, please post SPD tab.

If you cant raise any voltages, then you may be stuck.

Your problem is that you are running a G41 chipset which pretty much do not overclock at all. AFAIK they are also very limited in the options available for overclocking.

How do i post a pic of my SPD page. when i go to validate on cpu-z it just shows me the cpu info. I'm just trying to see what i can get out of this thing...but from what i'm discovering my motherboard is a sally and doesn't have nearly the options that i was hoping it did. I have the most recent bios update also. I've played with the ram timing a little bit but nothing seems to wanna stick. I can change my memory volts, nb volts, and sb volts but not my vcore volts. Am i just running out of juice to get over 250mhz? Vcore is at 3.6v right now and probe is showing it going to 3.7. Could it be that since my mobo wont let me change the ram to cpu ratio that i'm just maxing the ram out?

Is there a way i can unlink my ram from the cpu with this motherboard?

Again, click on the SPD tab and take a screenshot, then post the screenshot here using the attach feature (then use the dropdown arrow and attach it in the post). There are directions for that in the forum rules I believe.

Vcore cant be a 3.6v or your CPU would be dead. You CPUz screenshot shows 1.36.

You can only truely 'unlink' your memory with an nvidia chipset (750i/780i/790i). You should still have memory multiplier or memory speed in there and lower it to 1:1 or the lowest it will go. I dont have the board so I dont know. Sorry. You have to search and find it. It should be in the memory timing section or where your volts are.

ok, i'll get on that, thanks. Yea i meant 1.36 lol not 3.6 sorry about that.

Back