• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Need for Speed requirements

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I always used a joystick with arcade racers because I have had one since MS Flight Simulator 3. I played NFS 3, 4 & 5 with a joystick. NFS 5 Porsche was my favorite, the online component was a lot of fun and the cars where really fast if you 'railed' (e-brake into a turn & ride the guard rail through the turn).

I got my Act Labs Force RS wheel & played NFS Porsche again & it was completely different. I was a lot slower than I had been because it was more more like driving. Couldn't get the hang of railing using the wheel either. All the different model cars had different handling too. Still fun, just a different feel & I played both joystick & wheel in that game for a long time.

Most all the demos I tried after that were so buggy for me that I never bought the full game (which usually wasn't ready when released anyway) & then those who did buy it had to wait for the (required for decent game play) patch.

I originally played it on ME. :cry::rofl: It was best with W2K, but works well with XP too. I've read it sort of works in Vista but requires some work-arounds. I don't know about any newer OSs.

I have lots of old hardware so I'll put together an old gamer & revisit sometimes. :)

I have old games like NFSII SE that run on windows 98SE, wish I had some old hardware software to revisit.:(

Back