• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New NF7-s versions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nefariouslogic

So, I haven't kept up on my hardware in the past couple months, and now I notice there are a couple new versions of the NF7-s: the NF7-S2 and the NF7-s2g. I notice the chipsets are different from the nf7-s 2.0, The new versions are the Ultra 400 chipset versus the spp of the 'old' one. The s2's also lack soundstorm. I suppose I mostly want to know if the s2's are good ocers and would be worth my time. The NF7-S2 is only 76 bucks at newegg, while the nf7-s 2.0 is 92. I'm not planning on using the soundstorm since I have an audigy2 zs Pt. And the S2 has raid too.

Don't get the S2 or S2G if you are planning on overclocking. Right now there is no multi adjustment, no cas 2 option, and limited vcore adjustment. Although vdimm goes up to 3.2v, people that have been buying them say they're poor overclockers and just stick with the NF7-Sv2.0. I would wait and see if a new BIOS fixes the NF7-S2 problems, but I doubt it, it seems like a sellout board.

Back