• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New nVidia Detonators

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AmigoThree said:
Lets hear from some WinXP Geforce 3 owners

WinXP Pro
PNY GF3 Ti500

The 40.71s are running as fast as teh 40.41s without the glitches and much faster than the 40.52s.

I have seen posts of interface glitches, but none here, so far so good.

is it just me or did they add a submenu to change the clock frequencies without any additional software? i don't remember seeing it there before... like the new addition!

mbentley said:
is it just me or did they add a submenu to change the clock frequencies without any additional software? i don't remember seeing it there before... like the new addition!

Where do you see that at? I looked everywhere and couldn't find what you are talking about.

well I actually picked up about 400 points from the 40.41's to the 71's and the quality does look alot better

Man bro, that looks like the dream driver there. Everything a oc addict could ever want. I don't think we have the same driver. Mine is the 40.71 and it doesn't have the clock adjustments that yuo have. Wher did you get it?

Richard said:
Where are the people that were positive that NVIDIA wouldn't be supporting Win9x?

Positive, no. I was one of the ones that had some e-mail going between Nvidia people, Inquirer and various other sites/people. I got some very personal responses from Nvidia in regards to this and thus contacted some of the other sites/editors and we finally got something posted at the Inquirer that went world wide and put Nvidia on record. I got an e-mail from Nvidia about three days before the release of the drivers and have since let them know how they have performed for me. Took my 98se system from 13,900 to 16,100 at 2.28Ghz. Though they may or may not have released them as they said in the e-mail from Carried Cowan ( and after which they were not released as quoted) eventually it does appear to not only me that there was something afoot. They were waiting on WHQL certification (on 98se/me) from Microsoft (which never would have happened on 98se as Microsoft no longer does this) before releasing them. One of course would surmise from this that the betas are in fact certified, no? This has to be true as this was the only reason that the drivers were being held up. 40.52's are I believe BETA. Did you perchance follow the news/forums and e-mails on this subject when the beta was released for xp/2000 and not for 98se/Me?

At any rate, with the new drivers the dead 98se OS system gains new life once again (for how long we shall see) and still performs very well. On the video side it does still seem to be able to hold its' own. On the Ti4600 site at the Orb, you will see that this system (under Silver) is the only AMD processor on the front page as well as the only 98se Os on the same page. It is not at the bottom of the page but in fact is number 10 against some pretty viscous Intels using xp/2000. It is no longer the OS holding this setup at bay, it is strictly bandwidth at this point. Heck it is pretty much holding its' own against many of the 9700's.

Last edited:
myt try it but i still have trouble getting away from my 29.42's as i find these the most stable and the best grafic quality.

Back