• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[New Poll]What kind of cooling do you use poll (2010)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What kind of cooling do you use poll (2010)

• Air cooling

Votes: 238 78.0%
  • Water cooling

Votes: 62 20.3%
  • Other cooling (please explain below)

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
air
sunbeamtech core contact freezer
used the fan that came with it for case exhaust and am using scythe ultra kaze for heatsink fan.

I've been thinking about watercooling but I really haven't seen a practical non obtrusive effective method yet.

Air for me. Lapped DK with lapped 920, and haven't had any temp problems since i did that. Can't really complain. Running 3.6 and it runs fine... silent until i pass 3.8. :D

I'm still holding onto air cooling. I run Ultra 120 Extremes on both of my quads, and my benching station.

crap i still have my stock cooler.... i know i know... i plan on replacing it soon. but havent decided on which way to go. either getting a high end air cooler, or going low end water cooler like the Corsair H50. They are pretty much around the same price wise. Idk i'll prolly end up going with the corsair... anybody have any input on the Corsair H50?? is it worth it??

Venomous X with Sanyo Denki 6000RPM/260CFM PWM Fan on Home made PWM 5V fan controller. :D

Thank you for the help bing!

I'm using the Tuniq tower which has been great, but I just got a cherry picked qx9650 and i'd like to switch to water to see what she can really do.
It's totally unnecessary and expensive, but it'll be lots of fun i hope.

Air. Still spooked from my first and only experience with water.

Can i ask what happened?

Just curious because I'm seriously considering H2O, but am a little nervous about water + electronics :|

Last edited:
currently air cooling with cooler in sig, but just ordered the noct d14....hoping for 4Ghz with it.

im on water right now for my main pc, use water for noise, when oc on air, at load the fans would make a racket, but with water i have over sized rad, with slow spinning fans on it.

i would like to move my server/htpc over to water, but thats just akward in a case that small.

I have currently air, but i am in the process of saving money to get water cooling since im getting GTX480, i decided i'll get water cooling for both GPU and CPU.

Air cooling with Ultra-quiet setup.

3 140mm stock fans @ 1100 rpm
1 120mm stock fan @ 1100 rpm
1 120mm Thermalright CPU fan @ 1100rpm

DSC00536_Medium.JPG

DSC00537_Medium.JPG

CoreTemp.jpg

I love the new Scythe Yasya. Idle around 32-33 on my 965@4100Ghz. Awesome. Load around 47. Ive pair it witht the Scythe Ultra Kaze fan on auto, not very loud. Greatest bang for ur bucks cooler ive own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back