• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New SETI machine with Epox 8K7A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chawken

New SETI machine with Epox 8K7A - Advice

Got my new Epox board today. The processor won't be here until Friday or Monday - Athlon 4 1.2. I had planned on setting the CPU multiplier to x9 and running the fsb as high as possible. The memory for this board is Corsair XMS PC2400 - and cooling will be the Global Win CAK. (Haven't tried that one yet.) Of the copper HS I have used Hedgehog, ThermalRight, SwiftTech 462, and SilverMountain.

OK, for those of you using the 8K7A board, just a couple of questions.

For the SDRAM timings 8882222 ?
Vcore adjust +.1v +.2v +.3v +.4v ?
DDR adjust - are you upping the voltage ?
CPU clock - at what fsb are you getting the most stability running SETI 24/7 ?

Lastly, and excuse my ignorance or blindness - but where do you set the PCI/AGP divider, or does this board run the PCI and AGP bus at 33.3/66.6 regardless of the CPU setting?

TC and toomnymods both run this board with Athlon 4's. So if you guys read this - your experienced knowledge of this board would greatly be appreciated - as would anyone else's.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

TOP 50 by New Years.
500,000 WU's by Valentines day.

Last edited:
I have a question for you Chawken. How did you get your *Click Here* to join the Hottest SETI Team. the *Click Here* had the URL how did you get it to go in color instead of gray ? I have been messing with it all morning and I am probably being a dumb *** for not being able to sort it out. Please show the syntax on the right format to get it sorted :D Thanks Very Much

Maestro

Maestro said:
I have a question for you Chawken. How did you get your *Click Here* to join the Hottest SETI Team. the *Click Here* had the URL how did you get it to go in color instead of gray ? I have been messing with it all morning and I am probably being a dumb *** for not being able to sort it out. Please show the syntax on the right format to get it sorted :D Thanks Very Much

Maestro

I entered the following string but replace all occurances of { with [ and } with ]

{url=http://www.overclockers.ws/seti/oc_seti.htm}{color=royalblue}{b}{size=4}Click Here{/size}{/b}{/color}{/url} {color=blue} to join the{/color} {color=red}{b}{size=4}Hottest{/size}{/b}{/color} {color=blue}SETI Team.{/color}

Hope that helps.

TOP 50 by New Years.
500,000 Feb. 2002.

Well First off I'd use just the default settings for atleast 2 days straight, to burn in both the motherboard as well as the ram, and the processor.. Then These settings are how I achieved 155fsb cas 2 8-8-8-2-2-2-2 Ram Voltage=2.9
Vcore 2.05 for the [email protected] ghz t-bird Axiar w/ 266fsb (not the mp!)
The pci divider wont take effect till you download and flash the july 11th bios off of epox.com.. This fsb and and a multiplier of 9.5 is as fast as I could get with aircooling "Lapped SK-6" :p your result will probably be a little less as the mp's don't overclock as well, I'm waiting on the 1.5 palamino before I spend any money on the new stuff from AMD I would say overclock it right away if your other hardware had already been burnt in, but all my stuff was burnt in for months and I still Couldnt get over 148 fsb@cas2 till 5 days of running seti then mysteriously it went to 155fsb,lol
Hope this helps

Crunch On!!!!

The Athlon 4 doesn't overclock very well, so I wouldn't try to get more than 1440 out of it. You're better running it at 1400 and using a higher FSB. Not sure what voltage is, but it's jumpered on the third pair of leads from the top down. I went to the fourth pair and it wouldn't even post. Mem voltage is maxed out. My ram timings at 175 are 8882222. The PCI divisor is set automatically according to the FSB you use. At 166 and up it's 1/5 - that is if you have the 1711 bios. They just released a new bios update today that enables SSE support for the Athlon 4. Going to try that out later tonight.

Back