• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New SLK800 + 2400 = 50C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OpenGL

Ok I just got my rma back from asus , i installed everything right and i overclocked the cpu 166x13 = 2163mhz , core volt is set to 1.7 volts and its 50 C, my question is , this is normal right ? i just installed the heatsink so it takes time for the temps to drop ? Also is it safe to overclock that much with a slk800 ?

OP
O

OpenGL

it was the thermal grease it came with the slk800 , i just installed it and everything maybe 20 minutes ago , on a new cpu and heatsink. and my asus probe shows up 50 degrees it doesnt go higher then that. Do i have to wait till the thermal grease sets in ?

possessed3000

Registered
oh yeah, that thermal grease ain't too good, try to get some better stuff cause it really can do miracles. and of course a nice fan on it would help (you're using a fan on it right :D)

OP
O

OpenGL

yeah iam using the thermaltake fan off my Thermaltake case , I have a vantec tornado 80 mm brand spanking new , but its to loud :( can the tornado be controlled with a hardcano fan controller on the tt case?

EDIT: I had [email protected] running i turned it off and now it went back down to 46 degrees C and its dropping. I had folding on full cpu usage.

Da_Beeblebrox

Test the tornado with it. You dont have to keep it on but i bet youll see some dramatic drops in temps.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
for thermal paste get some as3 also known as artic silver 3

OP
O

OpenGL

^ Roger that , ill get 2 tubes this time so this never happens . thanks all

possessed3000

Registered
dunno, the tornado is has an high power consuption (does this word exists, can't remember? :p) anywayz it consumes 9.1W that for many fan controlers is too much

OP
O

OpenGL

WOW you were right , installed the vantec just to test and couldnt believe it. but its still to loud :( anyone know of a fan that is like the vantec but much quiter? or a fan controller that can control the vantec, also whats the lifespan of a athlon doing 45-50 max load ? thanks for your time.

vantec.jpg

vantec installed
new2.jpg