• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Stock of NVIDIA GPUs everywhere

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
I've checked the local electronic places here and in Germany as well as the French and German Amazon sites and it seems that NVIDIA gpus are back in stock at close to normal prices. (Just when I was hoping to corner the market pour LA FRANCE!)

Yeah I always thought that 700 bucks thing was a scam anyway...

At Scan in UK 3080 10GB (the original one) starts £950 at the moment, but I'm sure I saw lower recently. Might depend on specific models. Not to be confused with the new 3080 12GB which starts £1150. Then there's the Ti above that. I year earlier I would have bitten. Now, I'm wondering what 40 series will bring, as well as Intel's impending offering.

At Scan in UK 3080 10GB (the original one) starts £950 at the moment, but I'm sure I saw lower recently. Might depend on specific models. Not to be confused with the new 3080 12GB which starts £1150. Then there's the Ti above that. I year earlier I would have bitten. Now, I'm wondering what 40 series will bring, as well as Intel's impending offering.
A renewed shortage/scalper fiasco for very little performance difference is my opinion. Now that people see the easy profits from scalping it will never go away. I'm even seeing some simple water cooling parts like the Aquacomputer flow/temp sensor at scalping prices on ebay. I would say if you need an upgrade do it while stock is good.

Specifically on GPU sales, I think we're entering a more comfortable phase. At least, until next gen arrives and we might start this all over again.

Sales have somewhat adapted to deal with mass buying/scalping. Of course no system is perfect and there will always be ways around it, but unlike other parts of the supply chain, scalpers don't really add value. I had thought what would it take to curtail their activity, and never came up with a way around without impacting the likes of shopping services. As long as things are in constraint, then scalpers will give it a go. Only real solution is to flood the market. As long as constraint exists, and especially for launches where constraint is expected, I'd much rather have a lottery system than a first come first served or queue system. There's no need to have servers melt when it goes live.

BTW I only recently got a PS5. Sony had a system where if you have a PSN account, you get an opportunity to buy, one per household. I was invited to the system late January, and got my buying window mid March. Not saying this is the only way it should be sold, but it does help actual PS gamers looking to upgrade.

I didn't mind the queue systems even though I hated the server issues. I received all my 3xxx cards this way. The lottery systems can be easily manipulated by the seller by placing random rules or requirements on it, like having the PSN account you spoke of. Not saying I don't trust sellers these days but I don't trust sellers these days.

I see that the cheapest 3060 at newegg is still $160 USD over retail which is better but not great.

eVGA has a couple in stock of most models including the 3090 and 3080 at eVGA MSRP if anyone is interested. Elite members can currently sign up for 3090Ti queue if interested too.

BTW I only recently got a PS5. Sony had a system where if you have a PSN account, you get an opportunity to buy, one per household. I was invited to the system late January, and got my buying window mid March. Not saying this is the only way it should be sold, but it does help actual PS gamers looking to upgrade.

I walked into my local electronics superstore on my birthday (March 16th) last year looking for an iPad (which ha started to sell out). They didn't have one. So on a whim I asked if they had a PS5... and they did! I walked right out of an actual store with it for 499. Did the exact same thing with the Series X on its launch day.

I think I've bought (and ultimately returned) like THREE different 3060 cards (I think I made posts about all of them.)

I don't believe in lotteries or any of that other nonsense. If the seller can't come up with a decent supply of the product at the price they said it would be... then I'm no longer interested. I would've gladly bought a 3080 at that 700 price point... but I never saw one for anything close to that... (not even BEFORE the big scalpathon...)

I suddenly became very entrenched in my 2060 Super.

I had my GTX 960 like... forever. So I don't mind sitting out the next few generations until the card manufacturers finally put their house in order.

Microcenter is listing the Evga FTW3 3080 12GB for $999... $300 cheaper than I have seen it. In store.

PA store but they all may have it.
Not only are they in stock in Atlanta (Duluth) for $999, but the stock is listed at 25+. The 25+ stock includes multiple EVGA models too, not just the 3080 12GB FTW3 ultra.

Its fun to see all the overpriced cards on ebay with no bids now. I wonder what those people paid for their cards hoping to flip them.

Hopefully enough that this whole thing doesn't start again when the next round of cards hit - I actually plan to upgrade at some point, lol.

Graphics cards are widely available right now. Prices went down but are still much above MSRP. Somehow I'm not sure if it's a good idea to buy anything higher right now. Soon will be new Nvidia, new AMD, and Intel cards too. I have no idea what prices will be for the Intel series and for sure will have some driver issues at the start but it's Intel so will have good support from partners (or will catch up fast). Current Nvidia and AMD cards are already on the market for 1.5 years, so they seem already old. I feel that some brands are trying to sell out available stock before the new chips appear on the market. There are too many "promos", price cuts etc.
Just my thoughts for today ...

Back