• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Stock of NVIDIA GPUs everywhere

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hopefully enough that this whole thing doesn't start again when the next round of cards hit - I actually plan to upgrade at some point, lol.
Not a chance. It has bled over to just about every tech item out there and I don't see it stopping. Take a look at the Steam Deck prices on ebay right now. No shortage, just a reservation system Valve put up months ago that is going as planned and on time. The worst I've seen was the Alphacool digital temp and flow sensor. Could buy it all day at retail shops for about $79.00 but on ebay it was selling for $200+. People have truly lost their minds.

3080Ti within $100 of retail but the 3080 is about $250 above.
3060 is about $60 over but the 3060Ti is about $190 over.

The market is all over right now but coming down quick.

I should note that the 3080Ti was priced higher than the others so to say that's its *only* $100 over MSRP is misleading.

Not a chance. It has bled over to just about every tech item out there and I don't see it stopping. Take a look at the Steam Deck prices on ebay right now. No shortage, just a reservation system Valve put up months ago that is going as planned and on time. The worst I've seen was the Alphacool digital temp and flow sensor. Could buy it all day at retail shops for about $79.00 but on ebay it was selling for $200+. People have truly lost their minds.

I'll agree to disagree - there is a shortage. It's at the silicon level, everything from GPUs to cars. This is aggravated by a group taking advantage of the shortage - those refereed to by the big S word.

The big "draw" for GPUs over the past couple years has been crypto - and that's tailing off for two reasons. One, manufacturers are taking an active stance to curtail mining on their cards. Two, one of the big GPU mining coins - Etherium - is going to taper off in the coming months last time I checked.

The "demand" is tapering off while supply is finally starting to rise back up. Prices are starting to drop already.

Looks like I bought mine a few months too early.
Ha. Me too. Built new system in mid Jan. All parts were normal prices except ddr5 and vid cards. From mid Jan to now the 3070 I bought is like $500 less ha. What you do. I hope prices tank I would like to try an and 6900xt or new 6950xt. They seem high end cards 1440p rippers

Don't worry... they should all be out of stock again by now. At least it's started in Europe. (As well as COOKING OIL here in France and TOILET PAPER in Germany...)

All that's old is new again.

If you've been eyeing a card and it's still in stock... I'd suggest you get it now. China lockdowns about to rock the world.

Don't worry... they should all be out of stock again by now. At least it's started in Europe. (As well as COOKING OIL here in France and TOILET PAPER in Germany...)

All that's old is new again.

If you've been eyeing a card and it's still in stock... I'd suggest you get it now. China lockdowns about to rock the world.
Ah “globalism” …it’s only purpose is to centralize power and ability to create the illusion of scarcity.

Ah “globalism” …it’s only purpose is to centralize power and ability to create the illusion of scarcity.

Actually it goes back to a series of "quick-fix" solutions to past financial crises by greedy corporations that ultimately doomed the world. I think Ford might have been the first to come up with the solution. "How do we recover from Financial Crises X?? By shipping all the manufacturing overseas! We'll shut down our factories here... and open up new ones in Mexico... and later Taiwan... where we don't have to worry about annoying things like 'Human Rights' or 'Healthcare' or 'Child Labor Laws'..." The problem being... once those companies were back in the black... there's no way they were ever going to open up the American (or British, or French, or whathaveyou) factories again. Instead it was time to open some new ones in BANGLADESH! And maybe Ethiopia! Or... "Who else is broke!?? I see endless profits forever!!!"

But they could get no better and more reliable deal than CHINA...

Yup! Endless profits forever... Unless some major catastrophe ground the wheels of production to a halt...

...but what are the chances THAT would ever happen?

Actually it goes back to a series of "quick-fix" solutions to past financial crises by greedy corporations that ultimately doomed the world. I think Ford might have been the first to come up with the solution. "How do we recover from Financial Crises X?? By shipping all the manufacturing overseas! We'll shut down our factories here... and open up new ones in Mexico... and later Taiwan... where we don't have to worry about annoying things like 'Human Rights' or 'Healthcare' or 'Child Labor Laws'..." The problem being... once those companies were back in the black... there's no way they were ever going to open up the American (or British, or French, or whathaveyou) factories again. Instead it was time to open some new ones in BANGLADESH! And maybe Ethiopia! Or... "Who else is broke!?? I see endless profits forever!!!"

Yup! Endless profits forever... Unless some major catastrophe ground the wheels of production to a halt...

That only applies to assembly when it comes to GPU's...You are only getting the materials from China. Currently...There are plans to remedy that.

KEY POINTS
  • In 2019, China was responsible for 80% of rare earths imports, according to the U.S. Geological Survey, although exports fell last year in part due to Covid-19.
  • Rare earths elements are more abundant than their name suggests but extracting, processing and refining the metals poses a range of technical, political and environmental issues.
  • The Biden administration and Department of Energy have targeted rare earths among domestic supply chain priorities as they outline ambitious climate and technology policy.

worship of money.
Well Americas living on debt will come to an end and standard of living will be going down. The current system will collapse in future… when not sure but I think it will happen in my life time. My take on it.

worship of money.
Well Americas living on debt will come to an end and standard of living will be going down. The current system will collapse in future… when not sure but I think it will happen in my life time. My take on it.
Won't happen in my lifetime...I haven't been in debt since '07 (When I paid my house off). They must of thought the same thing 100 years ago, and compared to then , things are looking pretty good.

My Dad would laugh at that talk...He lived through W1 the '18 Pandemic, the depression and served in W2....We are living in a Golden age now. IMHO

Despite my Country's faults I think of it as the greatest country on earth...and maybe we should all feel that way about our homeland's. With what Ukraine is going through we should all count our blessings.

Last edited:
worship of money.
That happened en masse back in 2008/09. Yet here we are again. I don't think it will be going away. There is a reason why Muslims do not pay interest. And that reason is why America will always have debt.

Back