• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New System parts compatability help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Counda

I've decided I'm going to buy a new system, my old system is pretty much useless (hand-down from my father - Emonster 500a). I don't know a lot about computer components, so I thought you guys would be able to help me make some good choices :)

Motherboard: INTEL D925XCVLK 925X LGA775 DDR2 ATX 4PCI 1 PCI-E16X 1 PCI-E1X SATA SOUND 1000LAN MOTHERBOARD

CPU: INTEL PENTIUM 4 540 3.2GHZ PROCESSOR LGA775 800FSB 1MB CACHE HT RETAIL BOX

Video Card: CHAINTECH SE6600GT GEFORCE 6600GT VIDEO CARD 128MB DDR PCI EXPRESS VGA DVI TV OUT RETAIL BOX

RAM: CORSAIR TWIN2X1024-4300C3PRO MEMORY 1024MB PC2-4300 2X512MB DDR2 3-3-3-8 SILVER HEAT SPREADER

Hard Drive: WD RAPTOR 36GB HARD DRIVE SATA 10000RPM 5.2MS 8MB 10K 5YR MFR WARRANTY OEM

Heatsink: ZALMAN CNPS7700-ALCU LGA775 S462 S478 S754 S939 S940 ALUM-COPPER 1000-2000RPM 20-32DBA CPU HSF

Case: CHENMING 21IN BLACK ALUMINUM CASE 4X5.25 6X3.5 450W W/ WINDOW

CD-ROM Drive: ASUS 52X ULTRADMA BLACK CD-ROM

Anything else I need I'll just buy locally, including a CD/DVD Burner, and I may buy better fans in the future. I'll be buying another raptor in a few months, but for now this has maxed out my budget.

Thanks in advance to anybody willing to look these parts over for me, I really appreciate it. If you have any suggestions for swapping any of those parts for something else, feel free to tell me. I won't be doing much overclocking, maybe like 200mhz to the CPU. I'm also as to how easy the system will be to upgrade in the future. If you have any guesses on how well that system would preform, that would be great too :)

(I'm new here, so if this is the wrong forum for this could a mod please move it - Thanks :))

Last edited:
Personally, I'd get a different motherboard, like an Abit AA8 if you want DDR2 and PCI-E. Also, make sure you have a good power supply, preferably one with a 24-pin connector.

Ok, Here's and Abit from NCIX, like the one you recomended. It will also save me about $50 :). Is this a good choice?

EDIT: I think I'll go for the ABIT FATAL1TY, it looks soo nice and has a better chipset. Costs about $150 more, but I don't really care. I want a good motherboard.

As for the PSU, I'll leave that for later. I don't really have much more money to spend :(

Last edited:
I decided to go for the FATAL1TY *points to edit*.

I'm also going to get an MSI 6600gt, it's seems to have slightly better reviews, and it will look much better on the red motherboard :)
Only problem is, NCIX doesn't have it... I'll look at the websites on local shops and see if I can find it.

Now I need some really good red RAM... hmm :)

EDIT: Found some red patriot 4200, but it's also on Newegg only, which only delivers to the USA :(. (Still looking for the MSI video card at a local shop.)

Last edited:
Back