• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New thermaltake volcano 6....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djcomp

Registered
Has anyone heard anything about the new volcano 6cu by thermaltake? I haven't seen it mentioned yet in the forums. here's the direct link to their site. If you get any info, post it here plz. I believe they are just starting to be shipped now, i might be wrong though...i assume reviews will pop up soon.

My guess (and this is only a guess) is that you'll only see a minor difference between this and the Dragon Orb cooler from thermaltake.

The key ingredient here seems to be the big ole fan sitting on top that puppy. The noise rating seems pretty attractive considering the volume of air that sucker is pushing.

If the volcano6 can be had for a good price it might be worth looking in to. (~$20-$30) I just don't see it being worth more than $30, considering at that price range you're starting to get into the all copper wonders like the SK6, Glaciator, etc.

Here comes my dastardly opinion again. If this heatsink comes in at an attractive price it could just be the de facto standard heatsink I'd recommend for high speed tbirds (1.4 GHz). If thermaltake tries to wedge it into the upper echelon of heatsinks it'll flop. The competition is just that good.

Disclaimer: This is all pretty much conjecture since I have neither tested it nor seen it tested. I'm just going by what I can surmise from existing heatsinks.

Update: I just saw that http://www.phamcomputer.com/ has them for $22.00 Hmm... Veerrry interesting. I see this heatsink as unseating the other thermaltake heatsinks (DORB) based on two simple facts. #1. It's cheaper. #2. You can use a fan adapter on it in conjunction with a more powerful fan.

djcomp (Jul 29, 2001 03:02 a.m.):
Has anyone heard anything about the new volcano 6cu by thermaltake? I haven't seen it mentioned yet in the forums. here's the direct link to their site. If you get any info, post it here plz. I believe they are just starting to be shipped now, i might be wrong though...i assume reviews will pop up soon.

Wahoogie (Jul 29, 2001 09:39 a.m.):
Nice fan on that thing.... Almost like a Delta! 38CFM @ 7000 RPM....not too shabby, I'd put one of those new Delta 50CFM's on it :)

Sometimes I wonder if it's the fan that comes with the heatsink or the heatsink that comes with the fan. :D

Am I the only one that wonders how Thermaltake rates their fans. I mean on the Volcano 2 they get like 28 cfm off of a 4500 rpm fan and on this new Volcano 6 they are only making 39 dB with a 7000 rpm fan. I just think they are rating their fans in some weird way that nobody else does.

Back