• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to the Benching Team? Introduce yourself here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think I get it but just to be sure, what’s it mean to proof someone? I could DEFINITELY use your help navigating and understanding hwbot scoring. I scored something like #147 on timespy in 3dmark (top 1%) and wanted to post but didn’t know if it’s good enough for us. Thanks for your help. Feel free to pm me if you like.

Fixed that, meant to say PM me but auto correct won.

^ I know this is a old thread BUT have the same question :
I was benching my R3E (SS @ -15c) with the i7-965 but it would not boot the next day :-( I grabbed my EVGA x58 (e760) w/ i7-975 and placed it under the SS. I got to the BIOS and was setting it up when the MB reset :-( It started a constant boot loop until I shut down the SS and then let the CPU warm back up. When I was again in the BIOS it said the CPU temp was -7c and getting warmer.
Is this a CPU/Motherboard - CBB? IIRC a CB just means that system freezes? IIRC - the only way around this CBB (if it is) with a SS is to loosen/tighten the hold down screws. <- Correct??

Good Call :cool: I gave it a LONG shot of Contact Cleaner yesterday and she‘s back working today :thup: :ty: I’ll start a dedicated thread in the mobo section if I have any more problems/questions.

back in the day of me getting cpu sub zero, I would often use a hair dryer to thaw the cpu area afterwards to get the cpu unfrozen from the sink, the give it some more hair dryer after removing the cpu
Madmutt, may I ask where you are from?

I’m next to knoxville, Tn :) IIRC you had a cascade or ss for sale (a couple of yrs ago) if I could make it to TX for the pickup (y) The wife still will not make that journey :-(
What Wattage on the hair dryer? Do you have a recommendation??

Not sure on wattage of hair dryer. Just that nice warm air will evap the melting water that always seems to build around the cold parts. I have had a cpu that was pulled from the socket when removing the pot, as it was frozen solid.

and heat to evap the moisture/water in the socket area after you pull to cooling

Back