• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to Water Cooling. . .Temp probe placement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lupus42

Registered
Ok, so I'm building my first Water Cooled Computer. My mother board, a Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, came with 2 thermometers. I'm trying to figure out where to place them. Are they waterproof? Could I put one into my water resiviour to get water temps? I'm thinking about putting the other between the fins of the radiator to get rad temps.

What are your thoughts? Given the 8 temp sensors that are onboard, where would you place them?

Well, water, in a properly flowing and radded loop, water temp difference won't be but 1-2C at most. So I'd just do water temp at one point. I liked to see intake air temp of the case, exhaust through the rad...

Well, water, in a properly flowing and radded loop, water temp difference won't be but 1-2C at most. So I'd just do water temp at one point. I liked to see intake air temp of the case, exhaust through the rad...

Ok, but do you think they are waterproof? Can I safely place the temp probe into the water of my loop?

There are temp probes built into G1/4 fittings. I use one in my reservoir that had a bung for one. It's o-ring sealed so it's as safe as the rest of the loop.

Ok, so I'm building my first Water Cooled Computer. My mother board, a Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, came with 2 thermometers. I'm trying to figure out where to place them. Are they waterproof? Could I put one into my water resiviour to get water temps? I'm thinking about putting the other between the fins of the radiator to get rad temps.

What are your thoughts? Given the 8 temp sensors that are onboard, where would you place them?

I'm also fairly new, but I had to set up the had external thermometers for a while as well. It was not water cooled. If I'm correct these thermometers are in addition to the sensors that are on the components already. They are more than likely not waterproof and even if they were, unless they're built into a g1/4 fitting putting them into the loop poses a leak potential. They would be interesting to use for other components on the motherboard that people don't usually pay attention to like some of your bridge chips and such that we need to keep cool as well but don't generally have a block on. It would be really hard to measure the actual chip temperature but if you put it on the heatsinks is close to the chip as possible it would give you an idea if your configuration is being hard on these components. Unless your board has sensors on these. Intake air temp is also a cool idea.

Back