• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
2/17/14

Small sale.

Best deal in there are the Pioneer SP-BS21-LRs (the BS41's little brother) for $50.

I'm in for that SeaSonic SS-760XP2. That's the best deal I've found yet on these PSUs, which are praised for every review i can find on them. I actually just ordered the 660XP2 today at lunch for $149.99/Prime on Amazon.com, but am cancelling due to this sale! :thup:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151120

I had been holding off for about 2 weeks on a PSU purchase, the prices have been fluctuating dramatically. But even if you don't do the MIR, this is an amazing deal on an outstanding PLATINUM 80 PLUS PSU. For $119 free shipping before MIR.

$99 AFTER MIR!

I'd stay away form that TP-LINK router too. I'm on my 2nd Archer C7, and have been having major issues with the dual-band just completely dropping off on multiple devices. Updating the firmware did not resolve anything.

The first one did it out of the box, I thought it was the wifi card in my new laptop, but then I noticed my Galaxy S3 and iPad were being disconnected as well. RMA'd it through Amazon, they sent a replacement, and it just started doing the same thing.

The setup/management is bogus too. They want you to go to a website to manage the router, but the registrar is expired. The only way to set it up is to plug it directly into a computer, and connect with the IP address. I sent several emails to the support team, but never heard back from them.

Stay away. New company, REALLY annoying activity lights. I'm wondering how they've received good reviews everywhere. $ounds fi$hy to me.

TP-LINK isn't a new company, but you certainly do get what you pay for with them. I steer clear of their routers as a general rule.

Its pretty new, about half the age of giants like Linksys/Belkin.

I'll put it this way.

About 5 years ago I bought one for my wife when we were still dating. It was $20, and the fact that it needed to be rebooted almost every day showed why it was $20.

The company has been around long enough that people should realize by now that they're definitely not focused on quality or stability.

I'll put it this way.

About 5 years ago I bought one for my wife when we were still dating. It was $20, and the fact that it needed to be rebooted almost every day showed why it was $20.

The company has been around long enough that people should realize by now that they're definitely not focused on quality or stability.

Ah, I did not know they have been around that long. I haven't had to buy networking equipment in quite some time, n the local shops around here(Microcenter/Best Buy) have been advertising them as a new brand.

The scary part, is that they are on-par with the other guys' pricing, so, I assumed too much. I miss the good days of Linksys.

lol yeah especially when it's just an SSD, they ship those in bubble mailers for probably like $1-2.

I find it quite amusing that a $499.98 order doesn't qualify for free shipping.

On the flip side, if you can't afford that extra 99 cents, I don't think you should be spending $500 on an SSD in the first place :D

Edit: Neuro, as far as speakers go, I always figured go by other user's recommendations and then find a place that actually lets you listen to them, since speakers are one of those things where you can't really say X is better than Y since everyone is different. I mean, I like Sennheiser headphones, can't stand Skullcandies. Got my sister a pair of Sennheiser IEMs, she broke them, got a pair of SCs, says she likes them better and I should get a pair myself.

Last edited:
On the flip side, if you can't afford that extra 99 cents, I don't think you should be spending $500 on an SSD in the first place :D

It's still funny, with so many places having things like "Orders $25 and up get free shipping!", and the promo code removes an odd $11 to start with. I'm trying to convince myself I don't need to afford it, anyway :) That extra shipping charge just helps stop me from impulse buying :)

Last edited:
Back