• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
email sale: http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemai...ndex-_-E0C-_-Items&et_cid=5520&et_rid=1810757

(I think you have to be on their list.)

Seagate 240GB SSD for $120. I'm wondering how this stacks up to some of the more popular ones.

Edit. Anandtech seems to like it.

Edit.2: Looks like Amazon is matching the price at the moment: http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-2-5-Inch-Z-Height-Solid-ST240HM000/dp/B00CKAOJA0/

The Seagate SSDs are good drives. They're easily the best value I've yet to see at that price.

yeah I saw that one, looks a pretty good price for 240 but I don't know a thing about Seagate SSD

To be honest I swore off their HDD's personally a long time ago IMHO.

To be sure, I used to view them at the top of the heap 15 or 20 years ago. I recall talking to an enterprise RAID field tech who asserted they used Barracudas exclusively. I've got a bunch of 200GB Barracudas that used to populate my RAID. I upgraded that RAID to 2 TB drives about 3 1/2 years ago and I recently retired one of the drives (A mix of Samsung, WD and Seagate) which managed to squeak through the warranty period before the remapped sector count grew to the point where failure was imminent. It was a Seagate. Meanwhile the 200GB Barracudas just keep soldiering on. One shows 63524 power on hours - 7 1/4 years. I guess they don't make them like they used to.

yeah I saw that one, looks a pretty good price for 240 but I don't know a thing about Seagate SSD

Indeed, i have a drawer full of seagate drives that i had to replace for people..

To be sure, I used to view them at the top of the heap 15 or 20 years ago. I recall talking to an enterprise RAID field tech who asserted they used Barracudas exclusively. I've got a bunch of 200GB Barracudas that used to populate my RAID. I upgraded that RAID to 2 TB drives about 3 1/2 years ago and I recently retired one of the drives (A mix of Samsung, WD and Seagate) which managed to squeak through the warranty period before the remapped sector count grew to the point where failure was imminent. It was a Seagate. Meanwhile the 200GB Barracudas just keep soldiering on. One shows 63524 power on hours - 7 1/4 years. I guess they don't make them like they used to.
All I can say more or less is I've had one WD drive die in 20 years, and have thrown away a few Barracudas.

Among a few others.

:shrug:

2/25/14

Massive sale.

Jesus, even AMD's last-gen cards' prices have skyrocketed. Damn you Cryptocurrency!

The good news is Mt Gox folded and it's sending shockwaves through the bitcoin market. Hopefully this knocks it back down to closer to sane levels and everyone stops buying up every AMD GPU they can get.

Wha...They're handing out Domino's gift cards with games now? Way to stereotype there, guys :D How am I supposed to hide my fat *** if my fat *** is hiding a wallet with Domino's gift cards.

As I said, most people will see it as petty but some will agree. It's just annoying...it's NOT $82 so why say it is? It would have been just as easy to say $84 (or $83 if you don't count shipping)

If gas is $3.50 a gallon do you say $3.50 or does it bother you that it should be $3.509 (the actual price)?

I just deleted a bunch of junk from the end of this thread. Those involved know who they were. Please don't repeat that; it makes you, the forum and those who engage in response all look pretty silly.

Back