• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Splurged for 2 of those WD Black 1TB drives @ $78.99/ea, my last Seagate recently crapped out on me, and my other 1TB Black is rather full.

Newest WD 1TB Black revision, $79 shipped for a drive w/5 year warranty. Amazon has em for $85 w/free 2-day shipping on Prime, so a rather good deal.

Yeah some do, like Toshiba... not really a big deal for the desktop, but if you have a laptop it can be crucial to make sure you are getting the right one.

Bingo! I was about to post that, but you beat me to it.

Yeah some do, like Toshiba... not really a big deal for the desktop, but if you have a laptop it can be crucial to make sure you are getting the right one.

But going between 9.5mm and 7mm? Well I guess for ultrabooks. I knew there were a lot of problems with 12mm drives and some laptops.

But going between 9.5mm and 7mm? Well I guess for ultrabooks. I knew there were a lot of problems with 12mm drives and some laptops.

Yes. A lot of the thinner laptops like the Macbook Air, ultrabooks like the ASUS Zenbook, and convertible laptops like the Lenovo Yoga, all use 7mm hard drives.

Yes. A lot of the thinner laptops like the Macbook Air, ultrabooks like the ASUS Zenbook, and convertible laptops like the Lenovo Yoga, all use 7mm hard drives.

IIRC the Air uses SSDs soldered straight to the mainboard.

Back