• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Sales

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Scrypt miners this PowerColor 7850 gets me about 400kh/s each. At $109 after MIR great deal. Also this one has the dual fan, mine has single but doesn't go above 75c.

Also power color only allows 1 MIR per customer so have your brothers, sisters , aunts & uncles order them for you. Lol

If you're not a miner and you want one of these. Don't hesitate.

You've been informed.

removed from "hardware heads up" thread out of courtesy.

Aplogies again for my latest thread crap.

:bang head

Last edited:
man only a matter of time before 240 gig SSDs hit sub $100, after that happens I think i'll grab another....or 2

would make a great OS and/or steam game drive

man only a matter of time before 240 gig SSDs hit sub $100, after that happens I think i'll grab another....or 2

would make a great OS and/or steam game drive

+1. I need 1 in the first place though. 240gb is perfect for OS and the games I play the most (bf4, dragons prophet, DayZ, WoW and a couple others)

+1. I need 1 in the first place though. 240gb is perfect for OS and the games I play the most (bf4, dragons prophet, DayZ, WoW and a couple others)

I'm no fan of SSD's, but they've come a long way since they first came out.

If they drop that low, I'll snatch one for my OS install. Besides, I'm sick of these slow "green" drives.

I read something about the supposed "green" drives and how un green they are.

if you compare a "green" drive to a standard 7200 RPM of the same capacity you generally spend more time waiting for the green drive to spin up and find the file because lets face it, its slower than a standard and time = $$$.

so it wastes your time and makes the computer wait for the thing to find the file which usually in turn causes more power loss than saved when you have APM and 5900RPM platter speeds on a green drive.

the article went into more detail than that but that was the jist of it.

I wonder if "green" in this case equated to the companies labeling slower spec stuff as good because it was cheaper for them to jam it down our throats.

either way OS drive goes bad...meh, steam drive goes bad, meh. all the save files and important stuff is on the mechanical and I never store stuff I cant live without on any sort of volatile media except paper....

and that's basicly my taxes that I print off every year

if you compare a "green" drive to a standard 7200 RPM of the same capacity you generally spend more time waiting for the green drive to spin up and find the file because lets face it, its slower than a standard and time = $$$.

so it wastes your time and makes the computer wait for the thing to find the file which usually in turn causes more power loss than saved when you have APM and 5900RPM platter speeds on a green drive.

I wonder if "green" in this case equated to the companies labeling slower spec stuff as good because it was cheaper for them to jam it down our throats.

either way OS drive goes bad...meh, steam drive goes bad, meh. all the save files and important stuff is on the mechanical and I never store stuff I cant live without on any sort of volatile media except paper....

Are you on drugs?

I just sleep a minute less each week and get my time back.

:D

I see what you mean, but my "green" drives are in RAID 0, so the controller turns off the ability to park the head.

And I also have a small .bat file running in the background, that copies a 1 Kb text file every 10 seconds to make sure the drives are always on.

So basically my green drives are not green, they are just slow 5200 RPM crap drives with high capacity :rofl:

Before a mod comes in and locks the thread, current sale is a refurb sale. The Egg in all its Eggness couldn't even put it all on one page.

Uno

Dos

Tres

Cuatro

You can now return to your regularly scheduled...whatever it was you were doing. Just remember to wash your hands.

interesting
but sadly nothing I am after, actually I was interested in those cases in the last one but one is white and the other had the door opening up the wrong way

newegg flash has some interesting things. 40 watt replacement LED bulbs for under $10, wonder how good they are.

the one that caught my eye was the ODBII scan tools, am thinking about getting one and that seemed to be a good deal. just need it to read codes/turn off lights so I don't drive for ever hoping my fix was the right fix

Back