• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg/UPS/LOST PACKAGE ....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stereo555

Overclocking is music to my soul
Ok , seems UPS lost my package , more-so actually delivered it somewhere else . Anyone else have this problem before ,and how long does it take to get remedied ?

Expected a m/board from Newegg yesterday (shipped UPS). I was home "all day" waiting for the package and it never showed up . I tracked this baby all day while I waited .

Package shows "delivered" 1:40pm pst (left on porch) , but nothing ever showed . UPS comes twice a day , 12-1pm or 5-6pm (on average) , but no go for the early drop off , but I did see the second UPS truck go/drive by my house about 4:30pm ; but dropped nothing off even then .

I did file with Newegg already , and tried to to do a claim also at UPS , but UPS says I have to wait a full 24hrs before a claim can be made :rolleyes:

This m/board was for a client build for this weekend and now Iam kinda screwed . :eh?: I do live in a gated community , so its pretty hard to have a package "stollen" .

Personally this is the first problem Ive ever had with any deliveries to my house , specially from the Egg . So , anyone have a simular experiance , and how much of a pain was it to get the ordeal cleared up ?

TIA :)

Likely it was stolen - this is part of the reason why most of us retailers require signatures. Issues like this are a pain for everyone.

Newegg will have to file the insurance claim through UPS, since they were the shipper. You'll have to deal with newegg about youre re-shipment or refund. Unfortunately, I don't think you'll make any headway with UPS directly.

It can take a while for these to get taken care of, or it can be quick... it just depends.

Thx TG for the info . ;)

I really have my doubts about the package being stolen vs delivered to the wrong address . I dont think (almost positive) the package ever made to my door ; and reason being , as I checked the front door/porch quite a few times throughout the day (about 8+ times) and more-so around 12-3pm (said delivery time was 1:40pm) . There would have a VERY slim time frame in which to steal the package .

Well , all I can do is wait for now . Again thanks for the info TG .

I had a packaged from newegg dropped off one street over in the same subdivision by UPS earlier this year. I had numerous small packages all shpped properly then one DLP projector and naturally the one expensive package is the one the bone head at UPS screwed up. When I saw that UPS had the package listed as delivered, though I didn't have it, I went to work. Eventually the UPS rep identified an incorrect address as the package destination and blamed the shpper(newegg) for entering incorrect data. When I went to the indicated address the label was as every other newegg label, perfect. The UPS guy was just partaking heavily of the Jack Damage or something. The moral is definately jump on the horn and ensure that both UPS & newegg had exactly the same shipping information.

UPS deliver to the wrong address all the time... What usually happens is you report it as not delivered and UPS will put a trace on the package.. Which will involve the driver going out to the location he left the package and attempting to retreive it. UPS will tell you that this can take up to 8 business days (it rarely takes more than 3 though) . Until the trace is complete and they deem the package lost you/newegg can't file a claim.

This happened to me a couple weeks ago, package misdelivered on Wednesday and retreived, delivered correctly on Saturday.. Trying to get delivery charge back from UPS for late delivery, no luck so far.

OHH almost forgot... Chances are its not totally the 'bonehead' drivers fault.. UPS use SPA labels on packages and very often the address on the SPA label and the address on the label Newegg printed is different.. Driver probably only looked at SPA label (my driver complains about them all the time)

It might not have been stolen or delivered to the wrong address. That the tracking shows
"delivered" 1:40pm pst (left on porch)
means that it was "driver released" which is common especially in a gated community. That newegg didn't require a sig is pretty shocking to me but thats another problem.

Have you called the UPS 1-800 number and opened a concern? That causes a major headache for a local center and is tracked by corporate so they can't just forget about it. If you haven't I would. Don't state that you think the package was stolen because then you have to wait and its a whole different story. Say something like you think the package was delivered to the wrong house and you are concerned to where your package is at. Ask for a concern not a message be sent to the center. Messages are not really tracked by corporate so they can take longer. With a concern the center has to at least call you the day they get it or its sent to corporate which is bad...real bad for the center management. Hope this helps you find it.

Thats why I track my UPS shipments pretty thorughly. FedEx and DHL must hire competent people, they always seem to find my house. So far UPS has dropped a package off at 2 locations other then my house. USPS constantly deleivers my mail but not packages to a different apartment. (I live at a 1/2 Address. 2 houses in one lot each with and upstairs and downstairs apartment, so I can see it being confusing, even though I have my name on the mail box and you can see the address on my porch from the street)

First one I caught, I was tracking it online it said delivered, and I immediately called UPS, they got a hold of the driver he went back and picked up the package that he dropped it off at and brought it too me (UPS called and asked for directions)

the other time was just recently and there was no online notification. I happened to see some letters in the mailbox of an empty apartment across the way.. Checked it and they were mine, walked up to the porch and there was a package for me.

Thanks peeps for all the help . So far Newegg has contacted me twice (email) and said they would file a claim on my behalf , along with if I wanted another item sent or refund . I requested Newegg to please send another of the same m/board (awaiting reply back).

As far as a "gated community" thing , there is a guard at front from 8am-10pm daily ... USP/FedEx/DHL/USPS usually have free reign on entering .

Now , should I myself also file a lost package with UPS along with Newegg's filing ? If I should "also" file , then should I do it online at UPS website (there is a listing for "lost packages" or call them directly by phone ?

Sorry for the questions , but Iam a definite n00b on the lost package thing and what is required/expected to be done.

Again TIA ;)

If newegg is sending you another motherboard, then let them take care of it. You can only file one claim and if you file might screw up the process for newegg, and therefore cause you to go without a motherboard for even longer.

Neur0mancer said:
If newegg is sending you another motherboard, then let them take care of it. You can only file one claim and if you file might screw up the process for newegg, and therefore cause you to go without a motherboard for even longer.

Excellant and very valid point (I was kinda thinging the same) !!!

Guess I'll wait for Newegg's final relpy/responce before I go any further .

Thx ;)

wannaoc said:
That the tracking shows means that it was "driver released" which is common especially in a gated community.

Not sure about UPS, but with FedEX the standard is to release the package, even if no one is at "home", gated or not, businesses are different. If you would not like to have a package released you must tell the person shipping to ship with "signature required".

Kind of a bad policy, but at the same time, if you don't leave the package when a customer isn't home they get mad to.

When I delivered packages and left them at homes where no one answered the door, I always made sure the package wasn't in the open, but at the same time I developed a relationship with "regular" customers, so I would know where they wanted me to leave it, etc.

With UPS it is partially up to the driver. If he or she feels it is safe and the package has not been marked signature required then the driver can leave it. Apartments work a little different than houses though, it has to be a secured complex, a place where the elevator uses a code for example, in order for the driver to leave it regardless if it marked signature required or not.

Stereo, if newegg said they are going to file then they are doing like I suggested which is a good thing. A shipper like them is considered a preferred shipper and gets higher priority than someone like you calling in. Also it will be much easier for them to get a refund if the situation calls for it.

Also have you checked with your direct neighbors? The driver may have released it before getting there it but ended up leaving it at your neighbor. This time of year the drivers are getting "helpers" and "jumpers" which work along side them and have little to no experience and might have done something goofy like that. You wouldn't believe what we are going through right now in training some of the lames the HR department sends the centers.

wannaoc said:
With UPS it is partially up to the driver. If he or she feels it is safe and the package has not been marked signature required then the driver can leave it. Apartments work a little different than houses though, it has to be a secured complex, a place where the elevator uses a code for example, in order for the driver to leave it regardless if it marked signature required or not.

Stereo, if newegg said they are going to file then they are doing like I suggested which is a good thing. A shipper like them is considered a preferred shipper and gets higher priority than someone like you calling in. Also it will be much easier for them to get a refund if the situation calls for it.

Also have you checked with your direct neighbors? The driver may have released it before getting there it but ended up leaving it at your neighbor. This time of year the drivers are getting "helpers" and "jumpers" which work along side them and have little to no experience and might have done something goofy like that. You wouldn't believe what we are going through right now in training some of the lames the HR department sends the centers.

Hey wannaco ( btw ,how ya been) ....

Well I used to work for UPS alooooooong time ago , so I know some on how things work there , but ALOT has changed since then .
Anyway , yeh , I agree Newegg will get alot further than I ever will so its best to let things take their course .
Yes , I did ask neighbors and even looked alittle further on my own around the area ( its small dead-end streets around my house backed-up against a hill )
The usual UPS person , is pretty darn great ; alittle blonde chick that knows here stuff and treats packages like they are her own :) . Iam pretty sure it was a different UPS driver on this one cause the back-up drivers (around the holidays) that Ive had around here are not the greatest to say the least . My little blonde driver is perfect on everything when she delivers . We have a good repore as she's been here MANY MANY times for all those ... unnecessary , but gotta have , pc upgrades ... lol

Anyway , I should receive another reply sometime tomorrow from the Egg ; and I'll hope for the best :D

Well a year or so ago I ordered a sound card, UPS misdelevered it and didnt ask for a signature.. And just recently I bougth a case from someone on the forums and they refused to leave it at my house without a signature.. so I assume it depends on the driver wanting to leave it out in the open.. One time I ordered a used hard drive and the guy shipped it in USPS.. The mail man hid it rather well behind some plant pots.. I wouldnt have noticed it if I hadnt looked down to tie my shoes.

It seems UPS changes daily which is one of the reasons I don't get to post too often these days... that and my one year old. :) Been good though and if I can help let me know but like you said it will be best to let newegg handle it.

jabtek said:
UPS deliver to the wrong address all the time... What usually happens is you report it as not delivered and UPS will put a trace on the package.. Which will involve the driver going out to the location he left the package and attempting to retreive it. UPS will tell you that this can take up to 8 business days (it rarely takes more than 3 though) . Until the trace is complete and they deem the package lost you/newegg can't file a claim.

This happened to me a couple weeks ago, package misdelivered on Wednesday and retreived, delivered correctly on Saturday.. Trying to get delivery charge back from UPS for late delivery, no luck so far.

OHH almost forgot... Chances are its not totally the 'bonehead' drivers fault.. UPS use SPA labels on packages and very often the address on the SPA label and the address on the label Newegg printed is different.. Driver probably only looked at SPA label (my driver complains about them all the time)

A little jab-tech kicks *** bump :beer:

Back