• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 2.0 don't POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yann

Registered
Hello,
i have trouble to get my NF7 rev 2.0 to POST.

Here is my system so far:-
Abit NF7 2.0
AMD Athlon 3000+ 333FSB
Hynix 128MB PC2700
Generic 400W PSU

I assembled the system and hook up the front panel wires. When i let power into the PSU, the red and green LEDs on the board light up and the fans start spinning for some seconds and then the board shut down. The read LED is still light up but the board won't react to the power up button. I have tested the board in the box it came with and same result. I also double check the connection for the front panel wires.
Thanks in advance

Check to make sure that the CMOS jumper isn't set to the "clear" position. See the manual for how to check this if you are unsure.

Edit: Typo, yo.

Last edited:
it isn't set in the clear position coz i clear the CMOS in an attempt to get the board working

Did you by any chance forget to hook up the 4pin 12V connector on the mobo?

no it is hook up on the mobo, it does the same thing even it is not connected

red light = power getting to your board.

pressing front button doesn't work = you don't have it plugged in correctly.

If it was a hardware problem you'd get an error noise. Only thing possible is perhaps you don't have it plugged in correctly, or the button itself is defective?

I had this problem on a different abit mb. It was the darn hsf. If you have another heatsink fan combo you might want to try it. For some reason the hsf just didn't fit right on the cpu in that system. I went from a 2200 palimino core to a 2400 thoroughbred and my problem went away. For some reason the hsf I wanted to use with the palimino core wouldn't allow me to post. Fans would spin for a few seconds would shut down. I never figured out why it did that. I must have take the hsf off and put it back on 10 times. Just didn't like that cpu for some reason.... thats my two cents. hope it helps.

Thanks for all input it was indeed the power switch which was the cause, my NF7 is roaring right now but occasionally i heard some sounds like tssst tssst inside, turn off the pc sometimes it is gone sometimes it isn't

His power switch wasn't connected to the mobo correctly.. or perhaps needed to be pushed in or something...

He probably just flipped the mobo connector...

MasterChief1128 said:
Er, wait I'm consfused what exactly was the problem? I'm having a similar problem with my NF7-S.

In fact the power switch itself was bad, i jump the connectors with a screwdrivers and the board came to life, thus pointing out the problem. if yours is ok then it could be the PSU

Back