• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 rev2. with Geil Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Josebmw

Hello, I would like to know if I can use Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 in a NF7 motherboard, in Dual Channel, if it works well with it. I have to return the DFI, which is giving me problems.

I'd like to know if they are compatible with the motherboard. If so, it would not be a problem oc'ing it. It is not on ABIT's memory support list.

I am currently running Geil in my board. It runs pretty well, I was running at 220 stable fora while, but when I got my Radeon 9800 pro I had to back off some. Still not sure why, but I am at 215 stable as a rock. Great memory in MHO.
Ir0nman

Thanks, good to know. Another thing, are rev. 2 boards ultra 400 revisions?
With my proc I could maybe get 230 fsb with relaxed timings, since I was reading in the L12 Mod post that 166 fsb Athlons by default, can oc in to that range, and 133 athlons do less. Really interesting.

Ir0nman, do you mean that the rev. 2 for the NF7-S is ultra 400? Because I'm thinking of the NF7 rev. 2

I believe both revisions are ultra 400, but the best way t osee is to check abit's stie, see if it guarentees 400 fsb, then you will know for sure.
-Ir0nman

I'm running NF7 rev 2.0, Barton 2500+, and Geil Golden Dragon PC3200. I'm currently doing stable at 210X11 with timings of 8-4-4-2.5, 1.95 Vcore, 2.9 Vdimm, 1.6 Vchipest, 1.6 Vagp. I was running 215x11 @ 9-3-3-2 before, but like Ironman, when I got my Radeon 9600 Pro, I had to back off on the fsb and timings otherwise, games and 3Dmark crashes. With my old Geforce3 Ti200 it ran fine.

Why does it crash when you get a new vid card? I noticed that with the DFI Ultra rev. 2 the video card ran hotter and less stable at the settings of my Soltek 75FRN-L rev.1 board. For instance with the "new" board the memory can only go up to 292 or so instead of 300 MHz. I'm waiting to see what happens with the RMA, the DFI just would not start up at all @ 100 fsb even.

Alright, I got the ABIT NF7, and the computer is stable @ 230 FSB x 10.5, I'm pretty happy with this mobo.

Back