• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s vdimm mod question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yo4444

With the sense wire vdimm mod, forcing 3.3v constant to ram, would I definitely need to do the vtt mod? I'd like to volt up my ram, but vtt mod is to detailed for my meager soldering skills.

It is not autosensing........Only if you do the ghetto vtt mod which never works IMO. You will need the vbt mod at anything over like 3.1V. Its pretty easy... scrape and cut the trace, then solder the wires and the Pot. If you want any more info, head over here

www.malvescorner.com

-CaT

OCFCaTalyst said:
It is not autosensing........Only if you do the ghetto vtt mod which never works IMO. You will need the vbt mod at anything over like 3.1V. Its pretty easy... scrape and cut the trace, then solder the wires and the Pot. If you want any more info, head over here

www.malvescorner.com

-CaT
would that vbt mod work with the sense wire vdimm mod as well? I'n not prepared to pull a transistor off and do the detailed soldering required for the vdimm shown there.

What I am getting out of this, is he/she wants to do a dirty punk mod. Which is tic tacs 4th method, correct? From all the post I have read the vtt is suppose to track 1/2 of vdimm.

I am wondering one thing about this method though. If you wanted to control the vdimm from say from 3.1v to 3.4v~3.5v, couldn't you cut the 3.3v line on another PSU, attach it to the mobo and just control the rail on the 2nd PSU? Just to keep all the hardware on your computer at 3.3v.

Last edited:
For the trace cut method you do not pull off any resistors, that is for the vdimm mod. (which if your steady enough, you do not have to pull the resistor off.)

I have a fully modded board and I would have to say the trace method was the most nerve racking for me. In all the post I read, no one really explained how to buff off the coating to get to the trace. I ended up using 1000 grit sandpaper, folding it a few times, and using the edge to do it with. It was nerver racking in the manner that I did not know how deep the trace went, I was afraid I was going to sand through it.

Just a lil heads up.

OCFCaTalyst

www.malvescorner.com

-CaT

It is anecdotal, but the VTT=VBT wire mod worked just fine with my old NF7-S. VTT tracked perfectly afterwards.

It might be the PCB revision - my NF7-S had a 0.52 PCB. Apparantly the VTT=VBT mod does not work with 0.51 PCB revision NF7-S boards.

Back