• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nibler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozzman

ive heard of something called a nibler or something cant really remeber.. and it said it was about 10 bucks at radiodshack or something and that it does a pretty good job at making blowholes.. can anyone confirm this?

Tin Snips

It's basically tin snips that cut a more precise area, and instead of being a long straight line cut, its more of a "biting" style... not too sure how they work, i guess they'd work just fine if you took enough time to use them although im sure you'll have to drill a starter hole for your fan hole before you can use the nibbler

...d03boy

yeah.... i bought one. with patience one could make a nice blowhole....

you start with a pilot hole and basically every time you cut you get a nice clean 3mmx7mm chunk cut out.

its NOT fast, but it is clean. it works for pretty thick steel. I bet it would be just like butter going through aluminum.

radioshack has them...

dew.

nibbler

Got one from Radioshack so I could turn an 80mm blowhole into a 92mm blowhole. Not really much to trim on that job, but it took at least 10 minutes and I had a small blister afterwards.

You also need a metal file to clean up the burrs.

Here's a pic of a nibbler;
64-823.jpg

The other guys are right...nice, clean cut, but takes some work. Saves a lot of cash instaed of buying a Dremel, and you get the benefit of a manly handshake after cutting a few blowholes.

or buy a whole saw..there arent to many tools out there better for cutting a hole then a hole saw....i have an 80mm hole saw and a 120mm..there fast, clean and not to expencive

If you want all these different size holes & no blisters you can`t beat a good quality Jigsaw, start off with a 10mm hole & away you go. any size, any shape, you can cut wood, metal, plastic you just have to change the blade depending on the TPI (teeth per inch)

Acko

so how much is it? and is it called a nibler at radioshack?

hmm i guess i cant lose for 10 bucks.. just hope i dont end up with atritise (if that is how u spell it.. i cant spell for ****)

Back