• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

noisy fan :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gosu - When you lower the voltage to the fan the RPM & CFM rating does not have a linear relationship to it. The only way to find out would be to test it.
ltww - The fan may not even run if you go too low. a proper rated rheostat would be your best bet. Maybe a 25 turn rheo would be a good start. Talk about fine tuning. That is if they make one with the rating you need. You also need to take your email out of your sig. It's againts forum rules.

augustwest - Yup, I stole the image from Hoot's thread in the classifieds. First place I thought of to find a pic.

Last edited:
thz sonny

well whar is aprox rpm , cfm and dba when i run a 7v??

anyone have ideas?

sonny: well im gettin one of those for sure, eh, maybe two. dude you are never gonna guess what happened today. i order some fans and grills from thecoolerguys.com and they came in today. psssssssst..........dont tell anyone.............but they doubled my order..............i have more fans than i know what to do with. to bad they didnt send me power supply with more *** than my wimpy 300W. he he he:D

augustwest said:
sonny: dude you are never gonna guess what happened today. psssssssst..........dont tell anyone.............but they doubled my order..............i have more fans than i know what to do with.
Send them back. It's the right thing to do. psssssssst...... you can send a few 80mm to me if you like:D

sonny if i want change my delta for one panaflo 80mm
what you recomendation ??

panaflo 80mm 39.6cfm 32dba or
panaflo 80mm 46 cfm 38dba

this fans have more low noise and more cfm what my delta a 7v??

original delta a 12v 80.6cfm, 52.5dba

None of them. The Delta has a feature designed into it that helps clean up the air coming off of it. You probably know that axial fans really ruin the flow of air & every little bit helps in performance.

if i want change my delta for one panaflo 80mm
what you recomendation ??

panaflo 80mm 39.6cfm 32dba or
panaflo 80mm 46 cfm 38dba

this fans have more low noise and more cfm what my delta a 7v??

original delta a 12v 80.6cfm, 52.5dba

Back