• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob looking at doing a build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im glad i went i7 i only qish the budget (wife) would have allowed 6 core 12 thread.

Maybe the game does well when its not split up and cache is shared? No idea. You can see 8c8t is faster than 8c16t too.. so it doesn't like HT I guess?

https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/battlefield-v-pc-performance-benchmarks,4.html

The SMT/HT is what Guru3d says is the reason also.

We've also performed some CPU core scaling, and the results are very interesting. Four cores with no SMT/HT performs worst. However, the most interesting observation is that when we disabled hyperthreading in a 6 or 8 core configuration, the performance overall increased substantially in the CPU bound resolutions for the RTX 2080 Ti.

In BFV processor core scaling graph for the 6c/6t RTX 2080ti is 145 FPS compared to what my 6c/6t RTX 2070 PC achieves with 110 FPS average, the same 110 FPS as 4c/4t from the graph.

I wonder if Guru3d is FPS averages or maximums on the graph? I think it is FPS average because when I run 4c/4t with BFV it is 110 FPS average and stays the same 110 FPS when running 6c/6t because of my RTX 2070.

Im glad i went i7 i only qish the budget (wife) would have allowed 6 core 12 thread.
You mad a good choice, the i7 is good for the future also.:)

Back