• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Northbridge waterblock / mountings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frostmeister

Well, I'm milling out a waterblock for my northbridge at the mo. I've measured the mounting holes at 60mm apart, and the block is going to be 40x40mm square. I've included the layout of the waterblock here. The reason for the s shape instead of the centre inlet/corner outlet design is for mounting ease. I'm just going to get a bit of brass, a couple of nylon bolts and make a brass backplate (foam insulated of course) and brass top plate and screw it on. I'll post a few pics along the way. The template I'm working on is glued to the top of the block, and the lines are just a guide for the 3-5mm channels I'm milling.

Cheers borgy, I'd forgotten about this post, and now there's another, so if this one's taken off, then the posts will be on another one, which I'll make sure I update from now on. I'm in the process of milling out the block now, and there's a pic posted on the other post.

Back