• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Northwood 3.0c ghz mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

0-one

Does anyone have experience with a motherboard that will oc very well for the Northwood p4? I was considering the Gygabyte GA-8IK1100. Does anyone have something that will oc better? Thanks.

-steve-

Generally Gigabyte mobos are known more for stability than overclockability. I think that mobo is a lot like my 8knxp except that it doesn't dps2. my mobo doesn't like further than 230fsb...so I would have to say that it would be a moderate overclocker at best.

(HR)Titan said:
why dont u choose something from asus or abit

Becuase i was looking at Overclockers.com 's section where you choose the cpu and you can see how it tested on otehr peoples systems and what mobos they use and what not. I looked and it looked like some people were successful with this motherboard, i was just asking if anyone had any suggestions. If you know a good motherboard from abit or asus that overclocks well for the P4 3.0c please tell me. Thanks everyone.

-steve-

I've been very happy w/my two Asus P4P800's (non-dlx).

~100 U$D w/free shipping from Newegg.

Full feature rich BIOS + very fast, stable, & reasonably priced.

I used 'em for building a coupla' machines dedicated to Distributed Computing.

Strat

I second a vote for Asus, 865 or 875 chipset. Abit's oc well, but I've not had much luck with them. MSI and DFI are 2 other decent oc'ing mobo's but using people tend to get higher speeds with Asus or Abit.

Just as another option; I've got a pair of Albatron PX865PE Pro II boards that will both do 288FSB stable with my ADATA ram at 1:1 on my 2.4C at 3.46ghz... One of them is now powering my 3.0C at 3.75ghz (ram again at 1:1).

Comes with probably THE best onboard sound option available anywhere (Via Envy24, give a Google for M-Audio Revolution :) ), CSA gigabit ethernet, dual bios (never a dead board from a bad bios flash), PAT, ATA raid as well as SATA raid, and full warrantied Prescott support.

Albuquerque said:
Just as another option; I've got a pair of Albatron PX865PE Pro II boards that will both do 288FSB stable with my ADATA ram at 1:1 on my 2.4C at 3.46ghz... One of them is now powering my 3.0C at 3.75ghz (ram again at 1:1).

Comes with probably THE best onboard sound option available anywhere (Via Envy24, give a Google for M-Audio Revolution :) ), CSA gigabit ethernet, dual bios (never a dead board from a bad bios flash), PAT, ATA raid as well as SATA raid, and full warrantied Prescott support.

That is a pretty sweet motherbaord. I might go with that, for one i like the overclocking capabilties, supporting FSB of 400, 533, 800, and 1200(for overclocking), as well as the nice sound like you were mentioning. That my very well be my choice. Thanks. :)

-steve-

Back