• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Norton IS 05 Stopped E-Mails

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I was going through my bosses PC and uninstalled there Norton IS 04 and installed Norton IS 05 I updated it fully. But then suddenly it wouldn't let her recieve e-mails to Outlook Express 2002 nor Outlook Express 6.

I rang up her ISP which is the same as mine but I have broadband and she has Dial-up. He gave me some problem solvers that could of made the error like settings to her account nope they where fine. But after un-installing Norton IS 05 everything was ok now could it be a bad installation or could some files from 2004 have bodged up it.

What I did find out was that before I put in a memory upgrade and it was taken ages to shut down she turn it off at the wall. Which causes disk errors I'm thinking IS 2005 could of installed on a part of the disk that was bad.

cant be as worse as when i re-formatted, configured outlook...did the usual send/recieve....and somehow managed to delete all my inbox, since i set it to synchronise with my email account....ALL my email were gone

Get AVG...
Start getting your emails again...

you could try putting the hard drive in another computer and backing up all the files, then using a program (i think diskkeeper will do it) to do a disc scam and check for bad bits and fix them. or back up and do a format

I said to my boss today about the situation after I mentioned about the tech guy saying has the PC being switched off at the wall. She smiled and said yes I said the disc gets corrupt that way and Norton must of installed on the bad bits. I said that I would take the tower to my house and use it's quick restore CD on it to start back fresh.

But first use the XP to run a disc check before I format just incase errors cause XP not to install properly. After that reinstall everything she needs I would back-up her My Documents folder to DVD-R along with any other stuff then put them back on afterwards.

Just waiting for her to ask me cause she said she'll let me know I'm going to get her Norton Anti Virus by it's self and install it see whats happens.

I figured the dam thing out I should of done it on the night when you scan the programs that you can select in your allowed list. Well Outlook Express 6 was in there but I had to switch the Internet Access from Automatic to Permit All.

In Automatic somehow it wouldn't send any or recieve any but with permit all it allows them both to do what they should. And I even disabled scan outgoing mail but yet it still scans which is good.

Oh well sorted.

Back