• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not another Q6600 thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol this explains my 8500 i new something was good about it

mins 1.1000 max 1.2500 lolz

I have set everything on stock. Seems like my VID is pretty low.

25z5l4g.jpg

Does that mean my CPU is better for OCing than 1.325 models?

There is a better chance that it will do better, but nothing is guaranteed. I had 1 low VID Q6600 that ran incredibly hot, but it did run 500FSB easily. I had another low VID Q6600 that OC'd very well, and ran cool. For the most part low VID Q6600's are a good thing!

lol this explains my 8500 i new something was good about it

mins 1.1000 max 1.2500 lolz

That's actually pretty typical for 45nm CPUs. It doesn't seem that the VID has any correlation w/ OC potential on 45nm CPUs. Batch number is a better indicator.

So i am lucky to have one of those very easily clock-able, but the price is the heat. So in the end of the day... every chip is different right.

You have the same VIDed chip as me and mine does really good. see the sig

i had an Artic cooler freezer pro 7 for a cooler and i could take mine up to 3.4 with that and i think i used 1.32v to get that.
have you tried fsb@ 400 and multi @ 8??

You have the same VIDed chip as me and mine does really good. see the sig

i had an Artic cooler freezer pro 7 for a cooler and i could take mine up to 3.4 with that and i think i used 1.32v to get that.
have you tried fsb@ 400 and multi @ 8??

I also had AF7, but replaced it with Noctua. Not much of an improvement in temps, as i excepted. Tried 3.4GHz couple of times, the voltage was around the number you mentoined (1.32~). But, the temps arent good. I was hitting 70C under full load.

Currently with 3GHz, i hit 63C under full load.

And no, never tried to lower the multiplier.

My Q6600 ran at 70-75*C under full load at 3.6GHz. I wouldn't be afraid of the 70's, but I would definitely try to stay below 80*C.

Basically, keeping your distance to Tjmax > 20*C is a good rule of thumb. I like to run the 45nm CPUs a little cooler, but the 65nm CPU's can handle it IMO.

note that theres sometimes a few holes round the 3Gig plus mark as well so if you get no joy try pushing it a little further maybe.

everyone else seems to have the rest coverd :)

good luck.... well just a matter of time really.

Back