• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not keeping CPU at 100%

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dooms101

For some reason Rosetta isn't using 100% CPU while folding. I want it to fold even if I am using the computer but I am not sure how to do that. Suggestions?

Mine was just doing the same thing but now it just loaded it back up to 100%. Is it normal for it to take like 6hrs for one protein I guess I would call it? Or 1 cycle, one whatever it is lol.

In the BOINC Manager--> Preferences--> Processor Usage tab, make sure 100% is selected for both "% of the processors" and "% CPU time".

Yeah.. I do what redduc says.. Advanced->pref though

heres a pic of mine

Attachments

• boincpreftab.bmp
    858.9 KB · Views: 98
In the BOINC Manager--> Preferences--> Processor Usage tab, make sure 100% is selected for both "% of the processors" and "% CPU time".

Those have been on 100%, I noticed my RAC barely went up lastnight, but each night for the last few days its been going up about 100 - 200, it seems like its just not doing anything. :shrug:

I reset Rosetta and I updated, hopefully it'll get new tasks. Maybe the ones it was trying to give me weren't playing nicely?

Edit: resetting seemed to work, it's now running 100%

Last edited:

These are the default settings, unless he's purposely changed them, he should be fine.
The same thing has been happening to me for the last 10 days or so.
I built my RAC up to 2200 and everything was fine. but now it's dropping like a stone, because my CPU won't stay loaded anymore. At max load the cores are only registering 68degC on Realtemp so I really don't think it's heat related. The only time the CPU will stay 100% loaded is right after I start BOINC Manager, reset or detach and reattach. Then sometime later it will just drop down to 5-10%, although BOINC says there are still 4 WU's actively crunching.

Back