• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Number 2 in RAC??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PenguinsPal

Rank Name Recent average credit Total credit
1 TSC! Russia 206,494 200,283,522
2 Overclockers.com 195,308 80,330,802
3 Czech National Team 194,003 234,579,500

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

And it don't look like we are far from #1!!!

We're not climbing quite as fast as we did back in November, but I'm quite confident we'll be passing the Russians soon.

I'm giving her all she's got captain!

But seriously.. Anyone know if the linux client is gimped or something? I got 6 [email protected] with 8 gigs of ram on a headless linux box and this intel i use every day on windows is just killing it.

If it's an AMD six core I would expect it to get creamed by a 4.5ghz 2600k. That 2600k has way more processing power.

I'm giving her all she's got captain!

But seriously.. Anyone know if the linux client is gimped or something? I got 6 [email protected] with 8 gigs of ram on a headless linux box and this intel i use every day on windows is just killing it.
Is the Windows box running the 2600K? I thought that was a seriously fast processor.

From my garden (http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/hosts_user.php?show_all=0&sort=expavg_credit) my 4 core Phenom II clocked at 3.5 GHz is producing just barely more than twice what a moblle Core 2 Duo (at 2.53 Ghz) makes. So clock for clock it seems that the Intel processors produce more credits. (All of mine are running Linux.)

By my calculations, the Russians are pulling away at the moment. The gap was 11,186 when this thread started and is now 12455. :-/ :rain: :mad:

It's not the Russians pulling away, it's us dropping off. ~2K in the last day or so.
We're definitely not supposed to be dropping off at this point.

If it's an AMD six core I would expect it to get creamed by a 4.5ghz 2600k. That 2600k has way more processing power.

Yeah it's a amd 1090T, i didn't think the intel would be doing 2.5x more work though.. Thats a serious wooping. Guess i just thought the 1090 was better than that.

I wish I bought a motherboard that would overclock that 1090, but I didn't research and picked one up on a whim. Now I have to save up and get another :-(

I'll bite.. Ok, how the hell are you getting 5300RAC from one machine! My 2600k is doing about 2k now. Only been running less than a week though, usually take awhile for it to level out?

I have been running that 550 since 2/23 and its still climbing ....

I'll bite.. Ok, how the hell are you getting 5300RAC from one machine! My 2600k is doing about 2k now. Only been running less than a week though, usually take awhile for it to level out?

You could get that out of an i7 920 or 950 Overclocked to 4.2-4.4GHz with HT enabled. I did it for a short while, but I was on air at the time, so when the weather got warm I had to idle it back.

You could get that out of an i7 920 or 950 Overclocked to 4.2-4.4GHz with HT enabled. I did it for a short while, but I was on air at the time, so when the weather got warm I had to idle it back.

I have hyperthreading enabled doing 4.5ghz and i aint even close to that! How long does it take for boinc to peak? Just trying to figgure out if i have something set wrong somewhere, i know with Seti you can stream line it to crunch better..

Can we do that with rosetta?

Other than making sure you have a stable overclock and enough RAM, there's not a heck of a lot you can do. I assume you're running 24/7 while CPU is use?

Other than making sure you have a stable overclock and enough RAM, there's not a heck of a lot you can do. I assume you're running 24/7 while CPU is use?

Yes sir, got all cores pegged 24/7.. My RAC does go up everyday, so i'm not freaking out just yet. Just new to Boinc and didnt realize it took awhile to get the flow going.

Yes sir, got all cores pegged 24/7.. My RAC does go up everyday, so i'm not freaking out just yet. Just new to Boinc and didnt realize it took awhile to get the flow going.

The calculation for RAC is needlessly complicated, (RAC(new) = RAC(old)*[e^(-ln(2)*t / 604800)] + (1-[e^(-ln(2)*t / 604800)])*credit(new)), but basically after ~3 weeks of crunching, your RAC should be at ~85-90% of what its max will be.

Generally what I do to calculate RAC for a new box is to look at daily average credit over a week or two, then take away ~10%. This will slightly underestimate actual RAC, but it's a nice quick guide if you're in a hurry to see how much you're doing :)

Back